Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Rollout issue

Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently developing in AEM 6.1 using MSM, and I'm having a hard time setting up a blueprint site. Based on this documentation, I'm trying to create a site (based on a blueprint) and create multiple live copies based on this site.

From my live copies, in their properties, I can see the tab "Live Copy" and in this tab, the "Source" indicates my blueprint site. From my blueprint site, I should be expecting in the properties the tab "Blueprint" from which I can rollout changes to the live copies, as documented. However, the tab "Blueprint" is missing. So I'm wondering what I did wrong.

Here is what I did

From http://localhost:4502/sites.html/content, create a new site

1. Select "Geometrixx Site" as the blueprint
  2. Fill in the fields with the following values
    1. Destination Path = /content
    2. Title = test-site-blueprint
    3. Name = test-site-blueprint
  3. Click on create and open the page
  4. Open the properties
  5. At this point, I would expect to see the "Blueprint" tab

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Firstly 'Blueprint' tab will be enabled for the 'Blueprint' site which means if the site has defined as blueprint or if there are any live copies created from the site then that site becomes blueprint. If you look at geometrixx-outdoors site, blueprint tab will be visible

whereas 'LiveCopy' tab will be enabled for all the live copy sites. Hence you should be seeing only 'LiveCopy' tab with the source page mapped in it for all the pages in the test-site you have created.

Hope this clears your question

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Firstly 'Blueprint' tab will be enabled for the 'Blueprint' site which means if the site has defined as blueprint or if there are any live copies created from the site then that site becomes blueprint. If you look at geometrixx-outdoors site, blueprint tab will be visible

whereas 'LiveCopy' tab will be enabled for all the live copy sites. Hence you should be seeing only 'LiveCopy' tab with the source page mapped in it for all the pages in the test-site you have created.

Hope this clears your question

Level 2

You have to create an MSM blueprint configuration in the Blueprint control center for the page in order for AEM to recognize it as a Blueprint.