Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 rollout + ACL

Level 1

Hi,

We have a system that is developed based on AEM 6.0. We are in the process of upgrading to 6.1. However, instead of upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1, we've decided to install a brand new 6.1 instance and export our content into the new instance.

I've reached the step of exporting ACL (using ACS tools' ACL packager) and install them on the 6.1 instance. After some adjustments, I've pretty much made everything worked as it should be, except for the rollout from blueprints.

I've done a few tests, and right before installing the ACL package, I was able to rollout pages from a blueprint site. However, when I install the ACL package, the "Rollout" button from a page is now missing.

Is there any permission required to enable this button ?

Regards,

Henry

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There are good reasons to do a side-by-side upgrade versus a in-place upgrade in certain circumstances. This was the recommended to them directly in their particular situation by AEM Engineering.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Installing packages on new AEM instance is not the right upgrade path to follow. Any particular reason why you did not follow the recommended in-place upgrade  ?

Level 1

Adobe have recommended us to also change the architecture of our system. Therefore, instead of upgrading our current system to 6.1 and then export the data to a new system with different architecture, we've decided to build a new system with 6.1 installed and then port our code and data.

Correct answer by
Employee

There are good reasons to do a side-by-side upgrade versus a in-place upgrade in certain circumstances. This was the recommended to them directly in their particular situation by AEM Engineering.