Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Deployment and Community Content Storage (Common Store)

Level 2

We want to setup an AEM 6.1 installation with TarMK, as the main purpose of the application will be to provide content pages. But we know that our customer wants to have some Social Community features in the future. They will not produce tons of UGC, it will only be comments and rating. Since AEM Communities 6.1 it is not recommended by Adobe to still use UGC with reverse replication and store it in the JCR, but one of the storage options ASRP (UGC stored in Adobe Social Cloud) and MSRP (UGC stored in local MongoDB). Do I understand it right: I can have a AEM 6.1 installation with TarMK but for UGC I can use a MongoDB, so the UGC storage option does not depend on the general AEM 6.1 installation?

Thanks & regards,

Anne-Kathrin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes, that is correct: a TarMK publish farm is recommended to use "UGC common store" via either MSRP with mongo/solr or cloud storage with ASRP.

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/communities/topologies.html

Replicating UGC has proven to be problematic, and we're no longer recommending topologies that require replication of UGC.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Anne-Kathrin,

my understanding is the same. If you have a publish farm of TarMK instances, then you store your UGC in a common store that all the publish instances point to. The common store can be the Adobe Social Cloud or a Mongo instance. Note you require Solr for queries if you use MongoDB.

Regards,

Opkar

Correct answer by
Employee

Yes, that is correct: a TarMK publish farm is recommended to use "UGC common store" via either MSRP with mongo/solr or cloud storage with ASRP.

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/communities/topologies.html

Replicating UGC has proven to be problematic, and we're no longer recommending topologies that require replication of UGC.