Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.1 : Author and Publish instance issue - admin cant logged in simultaneously

Level 3

Hi All,

We have upgraded our AEM 5.6.1 author server to AEM 6.1 and then we used the same author instance as publish.

The settings we changed to run the server as publish are : updated the port to 4503,  runmodes as publish,nosamplecontent in sling.properties

We are also starting the server from cmd prompt using this command : java -Xmx6024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar aem6-publish-p4503.jar -p 4503 -r publish,crx3,crx3tar,nosamplecontent

The instance is running as publish but we are facing a strange issue with login.

ISSUE : we are not able to login author and publish both at a time. As we logged into author the publish session expires and logged out the admin and vice versa.

We faced this issue only with some upgraded 6.1 servers.

Kindly suggest if we are missing something in the configs. Please let me know if further information is required.

Thanks,

Radhika

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Radhika,

changing the run mode from author to publish is not supported. From [0] "Installation (or fixed) run modes are used at installation time and then fixed for the entire lifetime of the instance, they cannot be changed."

Regards,

Opkar

[0]https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/configuring/configure-runmodes.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I have one question have you migrated the content and osgi configurations of author instance to publish ?

Level 3

I have used the same cq-author crx-quickstart but updated the runmodes and port settings in sling.properties. So publish is using the same content as of author.

/Radhika

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Radhika,

changing the run mode from author to publish is not supported. From [0] "Installation (or fixed) run modes are used at installation time and then fixed for the entire lifetime of the instance, they cannot be changed."

Regards,

Opkar

[0]https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/configuring/configure-runmodes.html