Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.0 with tomcat server

Level 3

Hi, 

I have few questions on deploying AEM 6.0 with tomcat.

1. How do i pass "nosamplecontent" parameter to deploy AEM without any test content? Do i need to pass as part of JVM parameters?

2. Where can i specify the storage type (TarmMK or MongoDB), when AEM is deployed? By default it will be TarMK. If i want to change to MongoDB, do i need to add author,crx3mongo in sling.run.modes in web.xml?

3. I see many errors rolling after installing the Hot fix 5869 on top SP2. Does anyone see errors in error.log?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

to 1: You need to adapt the start script of tomcat before you actually deploy the WAR into tomcat.

to 2: It's a runmode as well, so you should adapt your start script.

to 3: please raise a Daycare ticket and provide the complete logs.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

to 1: You need to adapt the start script of tomcat before you actually deploy the WAR into tomcat.

to 3: please raise a Daycare ticket and provide the complete logs.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 3

can you please explain more on 1 and 2

o 1: You need to adapt the start script of tomcat before you actually deploy the WAR into tomcat.

What do you mean by adapt here? Where and How should i specify these values?

Level 2

For Both 1 and 2 you need to set the  environment variables for the run modes. Pass crx3mongo runmode for Mongo.

Option1: Global Environment variables

Set CATALINA_OPTS = "-Dsling.run.modes=author,stage"  in the os environment variables.

Option 2: tomcat level

In the TOMCAT/bin/setenv.bat add CATALINA_OPTS = "-Dsling.run.modes=author,stage"