Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.0 personalization not working in Publisher

Level 2

I am working on personalizing a small piece of content based on a particular segment and i am utilizing the clientcontext. It is working on the Author, when based on the segment info the content is changing, but in Publisher it is always the default. i have set up the offer library, campaign, segments, Targeted teh components and also created the experiences. It is working on author, but not working on publisher

On publisher the js seems to be working and storing the returned segment in the client context. could it be something related to the component or maybe even the content? I have freaking no idea why it is not working on publisher. has anybody experienced this before.

function getSegment(store, property){
  var profilestore = CQ_Analytics.ClientContextMgr.getRegisteredStore(store);
  if(profilestore){
     return profilestore.getProperty(property, false);
  } else {
     return null;
  }

getSegment("nomcustomerstore","segmentdata") 

4 Replies

Employee

Do you see any  errors / failed network requests?

Level 2

No. i am not getting any network errors. It is only working in author, whereas in publisher i can see the segment being set, but final content change  does not work. Is there any anywhere i am missing to check. i also deleted the var cache.

Level 2

Were you able to resolve this? I'm having the same issue on AEM 6.2

Level 1

For all those who face this issue, I have a solution which helped me. I noticed that after publishing a page with personalized content, some nodes are not replicated. Tried manual replication - didn't help me as well. But occasionally I've a solution - restart your publish instance. For me it worked great on multiple AEM environments. Actually, this is an aem bug CQ-4273706 listed here AEM 6.4 Service Pack Release Notes​. It was fixed in service pack 6.4.6, so if you install this SP, restart would no longer be required.