Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

AEM 5.6.1 mixing responses (concurrency problem)

Level 4

Load testing has revealed an issue of responses seemingly being mixed up.  Due to the proprietary nature of our projects, I cannot disclose any of our source code, but I can say that the responses being mixed are from completely different platforms that we have build on AEM.  These different platforms do not share any code/servlets/filters/etc aside from what AEM provides out of the box.

Is there a known issue with AEM 5.6.1 that might explain this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Performance issue has wide variety of reasons. From my experience 90% of the time is due to custom implementation  & not doing hardware sizing properly for your requirement. Off course there will be niche case it was product issue, all the known major issue should be covered through hotfix & sp [1].  Follow [2] & then get official help. 

[1]   https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/cq561-available-hotfixes.html

[2]   https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/performancetuningtips.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

if you have 2 applications running within the same AEM instance, they do share filters. Because you have a single filter chain. Also bundles are global. And probably a lot of more stuff, depending how careful the design of the multi-tenancy design is.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Perhaps I should clarify.  The issue does not appear to be related to load, that just happens to be how we first discovered the issue.

Yes, the filter chain is shared.  The only filters that exist, however, are out of the box:

Current Apache Sling Servlet Filter Configuration Request Filters: -1000000000 : class org.apache.sling.bgservlets.impl.BackgroundServletStarterFilter (363) -10000 : class org.apache.sling.i18n.impl.I18NFilter (384) -2500 : class org.apache.sling.rewriter.impl.RewriterFilter (490) -2001 : class com.day.cq.wcm.designimporter.CanvasPageDeleteRequestFilter (2226) -2000 : class com.adobe.cq.history.impl.HistoryRequestFilter (694) -2000 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMRequestFilter (1530) -600 : class com.adobe.granite.optout.impl.OptOutFilter (225) -600 : class com.day.cq.theme.impl.ThemeResolverFilter (425) -600 : class com.day.cq.wcm.foundation.forms.impl.FormsHandlingServlet (1168) 0 : class org.apache.sling.engine.impl.debug.RequestProgressTrackerLogFilter (368) 1000 : class com.day.cq.wcm.mobile.core.impl.redirect.RedirectFilter (1665) 2000 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.warp.TimeWarpFilter (1556) 2500 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.AuthoringUIModeServiceImpl (1555) 2147482647 : class com.adobe.cq.social.commons.security.SaferSlingPostServlet (1371) Error Filters: -2500 : class org.apache.sling.rewriter.impl.RewriterFilter (490) Include Filters: -10000 : class com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetComponentFilter (769) -200 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter (1533) 1000 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter (1512) Forward Filters: -10000 : class com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetComponentFilter (769) -200 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter (1533) 1000 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter (1512) Component Filters: -10000 : class com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetComponentFilter (769) -200 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter (1533) 1000 : class com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter (1512)

Correct answer by
Level 10

Performance issue has wide variety of reasons. From my experience 90% of the time is due to custom implementation  & not doing hardware sizing properly for your requirement. Off course there will be niche case it was product issue, all the known major issue should be covered through hotfix & sp [1].  Follow [2] & then get official help. 

[1]   https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/cq561-available-hotfixes.html

[2]   https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/performancetuningtips.html