Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe Target offers not presented on Publish instance

Level 2

Hi there,

We setup the Adobe Target integration with AEM in addition to the DTM integration. The mbox is being delivered through the DTM configuration, the replication agent has been configured as required and doesn't log any errors. Additionally, we can successfully view and test offers on author without any issue.

Yet, even if the offers are pushed upon publish and the page is published, the offers can't be viewed on the publish instance.

The console is returning errors that the mbox content and the target.js code is blocked.

Is there an additional step to be done to enable the offers to be viewed on publish?

best regards

12 Replies

Employee

Can you post these errors, perhaps there is an issue with getting the scripts loaded onto your website.

Level 2

The script is loaded but it seems that the content of the offer is blocked.

Employee

Looks like target.js is blocked due to the document.write. How have you configured target in DTM?

Level 2

Adobe Target in DTM is setup with the "Managed by Adobe" option and the "Load Adobe Target Library synchronously" is checked.

No global Mbox parameters are defined.

Employee

Can you try to host the library in DTM, to see if this makes a difference?

Via the option Custom -> Code hosted in DTM.

You can copy/paste the code from target.

Level 2

The speed of the network is not an issue.

The offer is also not being loaded on Firefox so this is not a browser issue. On Firefox, the console is not even showing the load of target.js.

I tried to paste the code on DTM but the result is the same. If I use the asynchronous option, I have less errors in the console be the mboxFactories is not defined and the error seems to come from:

CQ_Analytics.TestTarget</<.init()
util.min.js:90
<anonymous>

Should something be edited on the cloud config?

Employee

Taking a step back, how did you integrate DTM into your AEM site?]

On the target-configs did you choose "Use mbox.js delivered by DTM"?

Level 2

Hi Feike,

Yes, we did this and DTM is working on Publish without any issue.

Employee

Right, can you setup a test in target. This to verify whether we have to look more target or AEM.

thanks!
Feike

Level 2

Hi Feike,

I don't understand: I've already set up tests from AEM using Target as the targeting engine and this is working fine on author. It is just not working on publish. Additionally, the campaigns can be found in Adobe Target with the "_author" but after publish, it is not possible to find the campaign for the publish instance.

Employee

hi marc-anton,

Have a look if can get support from Adobe on this, it is too hard to try to debug this via this forum.

best,
Feike