Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Recommended UI Stack

Level 1

Hi Team, 
Is there any roadmap to depreciate HTL in the near future and replace it with React JS? I heard it from multiple channels. This information would be really helpful for the customers planning new implementations using HTL.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think so; we are not even comparing apples to apples.

HTL is a markup language that runs server-side, while React is just a JavaScript framework that runs client-side. They have nothing to do with each other. On the other hand, replacing HTL with another technology would be a massive change that would impact several clients, and Adobe usually handles these types of scenarios carefully and in advance. So, I think you might have heard wrong. Please let us know if you have any source that we can check from

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you share the document for this?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't think so; we are not even comparing apples to apples.

HTL is a markup language that runs server-side, while React is just a JavaScript framework that runs client-side. They have nothing to do with each other. On the other hand, replacing HTL with another technology would be a massive change that would impact several clients, and Adobe usually handles these types of scenarios carefully and in advance. So, I think you might have heard wrong. Please let us know if you have any source that we can check from

Esteban Bustamante