Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe LiveCycle ES2 Rights management

Level 2

Hello,
I was looking for Adobe LiveCycle Right management service to protect downloaded PDF document inside our application. I couldn't find how to start implementing the Rights Management service
Is there any link where i can get API/sdk
Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You need to install AEM Forms JEE server.

For more details, please refer to "Install AEM Forms on JEE" section in the help guide.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Employee

LiveCycle ES2 is already end of life and not support any more. You may use AEM Forms Document Security.

Level 2

Hello Mayank,
Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the document but I dint understand where to register for document security. I couldn't get the link and also the API/sdk info I dint get here. Could you please help me with the API reference or sdk

sarita_0-1645008548875.png

Thank you

Employee

Please refer to the following link for Document Security API reference.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/developer-reference/programming-...

To Register a user means the user should be the part of the Document Security policy.

Level 2

oh okay Thanks again. That's the main question I have, how can we become part of Document security?. I mean if i want to start using Document Security what should i do first, How do i get the Adimin ui page. what will be the host and port here?
The default URL for administrators is https://[host]:[port]/adminui
Sorry for the silly questions

Thank you

Correct answer by
Employee

You need to install AEM Forms JEE server.

For more details, please refer to "Install AEM Forms on JEE" section in the help guide.

Level 2

Hello @Mayank_Tiwari 

Thank you so much for your time and support. I have been looking into the documentation which looks good but I have a few more doubts. I mean I was, also looking into MIPS for which I got their sample secured file to see the execution flow
once I open it I used to check the network calls. In terms of Document Security I am not able to imagine how it will work. Please have a look at below queries

1. do we need to install any agent? for end-users
2. how do we manage user's security? where we are storing it
3. can I get any sample secured file to look into?
4. about API which I saw in document it is simple java classes, what is soap mode? I was expecting rest endpoints

5.  Is it possible to get a demo ?

Level 2

Hello @Mayank_Tiwari ,
How do we manage users security ? When a user tries to view document how do we validate it?
Where it is stored?