Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe DAM and SAP DMS Integration

Former Community Member

My company has a need to store certain types of documents in both Adobe DAM as well as SAP's Document Management System.  I'm looking for a programmatic way to keep these systems in sync - when a document is added to one system, we need it automatically added to the other as well.  Has anyone had any experience with this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

One thing I can think of is a custom Java service that would POST files to an AEM Sling Servlet when a file is added to the other system. It could read the file and POST to an AEM Sling Servlet. Something similar to this article that show a JAVA Swing app posting files:

Scott's Digital Community: Automating the process of uploading multiple digital assets to the Adobe ...

Notice the use of the AssetManager API.

There is no connector or any OOTB for this use case - this would all have to be a custom solution. However - this is the reason why AEM Exposes these Java APIs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Why would you want to store files in both?  This is bad practice and should be avoided as it adds unneeded complexity to your system.

You should be able to store data in one system or the other and expose the data from there.  Any time you decide to duplicate the assets you store, you are opening yourself up to the possibility of losing data consistency between the two storage solutions.

Correct answer by
Level 10

One thing I can think of is a custom Java service that would POST files to an AEM Sling Servlet when a file is added to the other system. It could read the file and POST to an AEM Sling Servlet. Something similar to this article that show a JAVA Swing app posting files:

Scott's Digital Community: Automating the process of uploading multiple digital assets to the Adobe ...

Notice the use of the AssetManager API.

There is no connector or any OOTB for this use case - this would all have to be a custom solution. However - this is the reason why AEM Exposes these Java APIs.