Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe cq5 workflow issue

Level 3

Hi,

We are using aem 5.6.1 in our project. We ran a workflow on a page but it went in 'Stale' state. We tried to terminate from workflow console but no luck. So we had deleted the corresponding workflow instance from etc/workflows.

We have another issue now. When we tried to run a workflow on that page, it was saying like 'The page is already subject to a workflow'. We checked the workflow console no workflow exists in any state for that page. The workflow tab in sidekick is blank.

Can anyone please help?

Regards,

Kishore

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I am not very sure but it seems that the info is picked from AEM cache.. Restarting the instance should fix it..

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

I am not very sure but it seems that the info is picked from AEM cache.. Restarting the instance should fix it..

Level 3

Thanks Vivek for the suggestion. But I am looking for any oher way to resovle this issue. We will consider restarting AEM as a last option.

Employee Advisor

Sad to say, but this is a common problem with older versions of AEM/CQ5. A lot of these problems have been fixed with later versions.

I would recommend to upgrade to a later versions (which is anyway a good idea, as this version already ran out of general support).

Jörg

Level 3

I agree. No clue found from the logs related to the issue. So we thought of giving try to restart AEM. Fortunately that fixed the issue.

Thanks everyone for providing suggestions.

Employee Advisor

If a restart of the instance fixes the problem, you can also try to restart the "Sling Event Support" bundle instead.

Jörg

Level 3

Thank you Jörg, we will try this out when we come across such situation in future.