Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Adobe CQ5.6 Spellchecker Dictionary

Level 4

Hi, 

I want to add new word in spellchecker dictionary which is available in cq "/libs/cq/spellchecker/dictionaries/en_us.dic". It works for existing words, but if i add new word in that file, it doesn't showing newly added word in suggestion.

My text component is configured with rtePlugins - spellchecker.

Please let me know you answers or suggestions

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

AFAIK the dictionaries used by spellcheck are loaded once and cached in memory. There is no mechanism to clear this out if the user add new entries to the dictionary.

Restart the instance to get the new entry added & verify

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

AFAIK the dictionaries used by spellcheck are loaded once and cached in memory. There is no mechanism to clear this out if the user add new entries to the dictionary.

Restart the instance to get the new entry added & verify

Level 4

Hi Sham,

I tried restarting the CQ5 instance. But it doesn't work for me

Level 4

Sham,

Please read this https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/crx/2-3/developing/searching_in_crx.html. It look like it never uses those dic and aff file.. because see the line...

The Lucene-based query handler implementation supports a pluggable spell checker mechanism. By default, spell checking is not available and you must configure it first. See http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/SpellChecker. The spell checker is not based on a dictionary, but instead is derived from the fulltext indexed content of the workspace. It updates automatically based on a configurable refresh interval. so no matter you add a word clear cache or restart the system...you not see that.

thanks,

Chandra