Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe AEm support on RHOS

Level 10
Hi all,

What is Adobe AEm support on RHOS?

I need to know which version of RHOS will be required.

Thanks,
Rama.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

First of all, check the technical requirements for AEM 6.5 at [1]

From what I understand RHOS is a platform, which supports many different types of deployments, including Virtual Machines and containers. And the linked doc page mentions:

In all other cases of deploying AEM on Azure or AWS, or any other cloud computing environment, support from Adobe will be contained to the virtual compute environment in compliance with the technical specifications listed on this page. 

"Containers" and "kubernetes" are not mentioned on the page, so it's not supported. But running AEM on an instance of Redhat Linux within a VM hosted on that platform should be supported.

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/deploying/introduction/technical-requi...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

RHOS = Red Hat Open Shift, not Red Hat Linux OS.

It is an enterprise open source container orchestration platform.

Appreciate your respons\es.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

First of all, check the technical requirements for AEM 6.5 at [1]

From what I understand RHOS is a platform, which supports many different types of deployments, including Virtual Machines and containers. And the linked doc page mentions:

In all other cases of deploying AEM on Azure or AWS, or any other cloud computing environment, support from Adobe will be contained to the virtual compute environment in compliance with the technical specifications listed on this page. 

"Containers" and "kubernetes" are not mentioned on the page, so it's not supported. But running AEM on an instance of Redhat Linux within a VM hosted on that platform should be supported.

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/deploying/introduction/technical-requi...