Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Additional step to DAM Update Asset gets removed

Level 2

I have updated the OOTB workflow model DAM Update Asset by adding OOTB process step "Text Extraction" and saved the changes (synced). This additional step is intended for extracting the text from PDF documents and it works as expected. 

The issue is that eventually this additional step is automatically removed from the workflow model. I am seeing the issue on our AMS-AEM instances and also on my local instance. Is there any configuration missing so this additional step remains permanent? 

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@Lucas_Reyes , Instead of doing like this, can you consider creating this 'text extraction' as a separate workflow and apply it as a post processing workflow?

In that way you don't have to modify the original Model of the DAM update asset workflow.

The other advantage would be that 'Text Extraction' custom workflow will run only when the Asset is fully processed by the OOTB workflow and issues related to either of the workflows can be easily identified.

Some documentation on Post processing workflows (it ain't much but it's honest work ) - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/manage/asset...

Level 2

@Harwinder-singh Thanks for the feedback. The suggested approach would be a good option for AEMaaCS, but does not apply to AMS when configuring the post-processing workflow execution. The folder properties are missing and would not suit the requirements anyways, and the OSGi custom workflow runner service does not exist.

Community Advisor

Hello @Lucas_Reyes 

Requesting you to please check, if there is any discrepancy between /conf and /var settings of the workflow. Sometimes, developers might miss committing either of these settings, which cause discrepancies.

Easiest would be to discard you changes first, and recreate the workflow from the OOTB one. 

Add only the Text Extraction at the end of it and check if all is fine.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

Thank you.@aanchal-sikka I have updated the workflow model by adding the text extraction process step to the end and monitoring each environment (issue mostly on Dev env -multiple ongoing deployments). I'll keep you posted.

Administrator

@Lucas_Reyes  Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

@aanchal-sikka @kautuk_sahni Even with this additional step at the end of the workflow, it keeps getting automatically removed on all environments. Would you have other suggestions or should I open a case with Adobe support?

Thank you.  

Level 2

I am creating a separate workflow and this approach will require an additional manual step to launch it but it is an acceptable solution. Thank you all for the feedback.