Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding two placeholders in responsiveGrid in AEM SPA.

Community Advisor

Hi All,

Somehow I was able to extend the OOTB responsivegrid component in my AEM SPA architecture. So now I have a draggable parsys component which looks something like below. I want to have two place holders but it doesn't work. 

Nikhil-Kumar_0-1598602988235.png

Following code I am using:

mport React, { Component } from "react";
import {ResponsiveGrid, MapTo, withComponentMappingContext} from "@adobe/cq-react-editable-components";

require('./MyGrid.scss');

export class MyGrid extends ResponsiveGrid {
/**
* The attributes that will be injected in the root element of the container
* @Returns {Object} - the attributes of the container
*/
get containerProps() {
let containerProps = super.containerProps;
containerProps.className = (containerProps.className || '') + ' MyGrid ' + this.props.gridClassNames;
return containerProps;
}

render() {
return (
<div {...this.containerProps}>
{ super.childComponents }
{ super.placeholderComponent }
</div>
)
}

}

MapTo('wknd-events/components/content/mygrid')(withComponentMappingContext(MyGrid));

I tried using { super.placeholderComponent } twice in another div just below the first one. But it didn't worked.

Though I have some workarounds, but looking for solution which is more accurate and feasible.

Thanks,
Nikhil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,
It is not gonna work like this, you need to create a parent component and inside that you need to call MyGrid twice.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,
It is not gonna work like this, you need to create a parent component and inside that you need to call MyGrid twice.

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Hi @Deleted Account,

calling my grid twice from parent react component wont work and is not working because placeholder(container) renders based on the AEM component "new" node, so my-grid has to be called from parent aem component which cannot happen directly in case of spa.

I can think of a workaround to add new my-grid or responsive-grid node programmatically when author authors the parent component  and display it from spa script as child components.

is there any proper way to do this?