Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add startbulkworkflows to create workflow for assets

Level 1

How can I add multiple assets to some workflow's payload?

Pages does /mnt/override/libs/wcm/core/content/common/startbulkworkflows.html but I override asstes.html to do same and it is not working

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Community Advisor

@Davidrm Below are the option you should try to invoke payload on multiple assets -

Option:1. if assets are in same folder and you want to invoke WF on selected assets, you should

a. select multiple assets from the folder 

b. click on create workflow option from left top menu option, and that way you should be able to pass multiple assets to WF. 

nitinjl_0-1644499692312.png

Option:2. Invoke workflow at folder level, all the available assets in folder will pass payload. 

Level 1

Option a is not working for some reason, I can suggest option be.

EDIT: it is working but generates multiple workflows. So a workflow to get approval to remove 300 files it is generating 300 workflows and payloads. Not optimal.

Community Advisor

@Davidrm I tried option:1 on aem 6.5 and it is working fine for me.. if option:2 satisfies your requirement you should go with that, and  avoid product customization. 

Employee Advisor

@Nitin_laad The option is working fine in AEM 6.5 but what @Davidrm is saying that he sees multiple workflow instances in archive - which means if he creates workflow for 5 assest he sees 5 different worflow entries and as I can understand he wants a common singlle entry for all of them.

@Davidrm please use option b for your use case.

Thanks.

Community Advisor

I responded on original post from @Davidrm "

Option a is not working for some reason, I can suggest option be." and not the edited one.

@Davidrm there is one more option called "smart collection" using filters, you should try that as well if it fits in your requirement. 

You should try all the available options before making any decision.