Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Add New tab to Sidekick in CQ5

Level 1

I want to add a new tab in the CQ5 sidekick & then a sub-menu inside it. How can this be done.

For Example I need a Custom tab in Sidekick after workflow tab menu and a set of buttons inside it. Any suggestions regarding this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this post:-

Link:- http://experience-aem.blogspot.in/2013/11/aem-cq-56-new-tag-tree-tab-in-sidekick.html

//

AEM- New (Tag Tree) Tab in Sidekick

This post is on adding a new tab to the Sidekick. Here we extend Sidekick and add a new tab showing CQ Tag Tree. To add new tags or remove tags for a page, multiple clicks are involved in opening Sidekick -> Page Tab -> Page Properties -> Basic -> Tags

If adding and removing tags is a common use-case in your project, adding the tag tree in a sidekick tab could be useful and saves some clicks. The new tab loads a checkbox tree; to add a tag check the box and to remove uncheck. If a tag is checked, parent tags are shown in bold to identify the tags checked, deep down in the tree. Source code, demo video and package install are available for download

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this post:-

Link:- http://experience-aem.blogspot.in/2013/11/aem-cq-56-new-tag-tree-tab-in-sidekick.html

//

AEM- New (Tag Tree) Tab in Sidekick

This post is on adding a new tab to the Sidekick. Here we extend Sidekick and add a new tab showing CQ Tag Tree. To add new tags or remove tags for a page, multiple clicks are involved in opening Sidekick -> Page Tab -> Page Properties -> Basic -> Tags

If adding and removing tags is a common use-case in your project, adding the tag tree in a sidekick tab could be useful and saves some clicks. The new tab loads a checkbox tree; to add a tag check the box and to remove uncheck. If a tag is checked, parent tags are shown in bold to identify the tags checked, deep down in the tree. Source code, demo video and package install are available for download

I hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni