Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Add item to AEM Home page and link it to an internal page, not loosing the nav menu

Level 1

Hey there!

I wonder if is possible and, if so, if you guys can point me in the right direction.

I want to create an icon in the home page of AEM, next to sites, community, experience fragments, etc and link it to a page inside my code (let´s say I create a folder "test" where I put a file "test.html"), so, when an administrator / author click on that item, they go to that page, not loosing the top navigation menu, nor the feel and look of AEM.

About creating the icon, I have done it so far, through crx

gusboca_0-1595948743913.png

problem, here, are two things:

1) if I click on the new icon, it downloads the file, instead of showing it

2) I guess, if I manage to get to the page, I am going to loose the top nav menu.

Any ideas on how can I do this?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @gusboca , 

You can achieve this by Overlaying node , as it is good practice not to touch "libs" folder.Please find attached two screenshot. One is of Navigation & other is crxde nodes. 

Console.PNGcrx_de.PNG 

Hope this will help you. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@gusboca I guess you are trying to build custom admin console page with your own data to be displayed. 

Please refer to excellent article by one of our AEM experts on this:

https://blogs.perficient.com/2020/04/21/part-2-building-aem-admin-consoles-that-will-not-break-with-...

Level 1
Hey @Shashi_Mulugu. I tried to follow the explanation in the page you suggested. I´d got a compilation error due to the sly data-sly-set.clientlibPath; so I called the css and js scripts manually. It compiled ok, however I had 4 things: 1) using the sync provided by VSCode, it did not sync due to error "Error importing package into AEM". 2) using aemsync I had many errors. 3) In the crx I do not have the new folder and finally 4) I still have the same issue if I try to go to the folder/ page

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @gusboca , 

You can achieve this by Overlaying node , as it is good practice not to touch "libs" folder.Please find attached two screenshot. One is of Navigation & other is crxde nodes. 

Console.PNGcrx_de.PNG 

Hope this will help you. 

Level 1
Hey @p1hampi! I have tried that... but I have to point this to a specific folder where I want to set up "kind of" a console, but not using the BE (as a matter of fact I want to set up a React SPA page to work as a console). So I tried that and, if I point to the html it downloads the file and if I point to the folder I get a 403 error code

Level 2
Hi @gusboca , I am not getting your exact requirement. Please specify with more details.