Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add a new button to assetdetails Screen

Level 2

Hi All,

I need to add a new button on to the "assetdetails" screen below. Click action on this would open a new tab with URL like

https://<author-instance>/content/aemreview/en/documentreview.

html/content/dam/review/assets.jpg

1833799_pastedImage_0.png

It would be very help if someone can share a document or pointer on how to achieve this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vinod,

Im happy it was useful!

To manipulate the order of overlaid nodes (or any node actually) you can add the following property to your custom action node:

sling:orderBefore - String - annotate

Here's the result when you refresh the page after making this change:

Peek 2019-09-19 06-58.gif

For more cool tips and tricks on overlaying and overriding nodes in AEM, have a look at this page: Using the Sling Resource Merger in AEM

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

You can overlay "/libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails" . Under this you will find all button and their respective action.

Once you overlay and add your new button, you can add variant, rendercondition and etc...

For example have a look at the implementation of move action /libs/dam/gui/content/assetdetails/jcr:content/actions/moveasset

Level 10

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply, but your question inspired me to make a tutorial Here it is: https://medium.com/@theopendle/aem-adding-a-button-to-a-touchui-toolbar-ae1d1dc1c530. If you have any questions, don't hesitate!

Level 2

Thanks, this is great help.

QQ : I was able to create button using the information you shared. But I need to place this new button after Annotate link. If possible, how can it be done.

Thanks

Vinod

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vinod,

Im happy it was useful!

To manipulate the order of overlaid nodes (or any node actually) you can add the following property to your custom action node:

sling:orderBefore - String - annotate

Here's the result when you refresh the page after making this change:

Peek 2019-09-19 06-58.gif

For more cool tips and tricks on overlaying and overriding nodes in AEM, have a look at this page: Using the Sling Resource Merger in AEM