Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

activate just the jcr:content

Level 4

Hi community,

I'm trying to find a way to activate the page properties without activating the content of the components.

So, I want to activate only the jcr:content node without the child nodes.
I've read the replication API but I can't find something to help me. ReplicationContentFilter and also check EventHandler

I've all the code, I added a new button in the top bar of sites.html, which invokes a servlet to make the publication. But when using replicator.replicate with the jcr: content node, the content of the child components is also activated.

Does anyone have any idea how to do it?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Finally i found the solution!! and yes, it is using Sling Content Distribution api.

Find below the most import part of the code and let me know if you have questions  

import org.apache.sling.distribution.DistributionRequestType;
import org.apache.sling.distribution.DistributionResponse;
import org.apache.sling.distribution.Distributor;
import org.apache.sling.distribution.SimpleDistributionRequest;

@Reference
    private Distributor slingDistributor;

DistributionResponse distributionResponse = distributeResource(resourceResolver, path);

private DistributionResponse distributeResource(ResourceResolver resolver, String path) {
        SimpleDistributionRequest sdr =
                new SimpleDistributionRequest(DistributionRequestType.ADD, false, path);
        return slingDistributor.distribute("publish", resolver, sdr);
    }

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

The replication API is not designed to replicate single nodes which do have child nodes.

For your case I would build a content-package, which just contains the jcr:content node you are interested in and replicate this package then. Please make sure that your merge settings are correct (otherwise you might purge all nodes below on publish).

Jörg

Level 4

Hi Jörg_Hoh

Can i do that by code? I need to add a custom action for the authors.

What do you think about 

https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/distribution.html#forward-distribution and 
        new SimpleDistributionRequest(DistributionRequestType.ADD, true, assetPath);
    slingDistributor.distribute(PUBLISH_AGENT_NAME, resolver, sdr);

Thanks

Employee Advisor
I guess that it's using the same approach, and that it cannot just change some properties of a node, and not others. Though I haven't tried it. Be aware, that sling distribution is not identical to AEM replication.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Finally i found the solution!! and yes, it is using Sling Content Distribution api.

Find below the most import part of the code and let me know if you have questions  

import org.apache.sling.distribution.DistributionRequestType;
import org.apache.sling.distribution.DistributionResponse;
import org.apache.sling.distribution.Distributor;
import org.apache.sling.distribution.SimpleDistributionRequest;

@Reference
    private Distributor slingDistributor;

DistributionResponse distributionResponse = distributeResource(resourceResolver, path);

private DistributionResponse distributeResource(ResourceResolver resolver, String path) {
                new SimpleDistributionRequest(DistributionRequestType.ADD, false, path);
        return slingDistributor.distribute("publish", resolver, sdr);
    }

Thanks!