Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ACS Commons 3.19.0, Nested Multi-field, Checkbox State.

Level 6

Hi, 

I am using the ACS Commons multi-field extension for my Touch UI dialogue. The Touch UI dialogue consists of 1 multi-field with a child of "checkbox". 

As an author, I will create 5 instances of the multi-field, and un-tick all the check boxes. When I save, I get a successful save status. When I re-configure the dialogue, I'm surprised to see that the check boxes are infact checked. This is because onSAVE, the values are not saving unchecked. Why is ACS commons not respecting unchecked? Seems like the value="true" is locked down, meaning that regardless of anything set, the value="true" will be set.

How would I get the checkbox to show it's state properly".

<field
    jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
    sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/form/fieldset"
    acs-commons-nested=""
    name="./listItems">
    <layout
        sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/foundation/layouts/fixedcolumns"/>
    <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
        <column
            sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/container">
            <items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
                <isLabeled
                    sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/checkbox"
                    fieldLabel="Is Label"
                    name="./isLabeled"
                    text="Is Labeled"
                    uncheckedValue="false"
                    value="true"/>
            </items>
        </column>
    </items>
</field>

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is a problem with using the ACS Commons multi-field extension with the checkbox Granite UI Component. The solution here is to replace the checbox with the sleect Granite UI Component.

The full solution can be found here, https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/acs-commons-multi-field-extension-acs-commons-nested-checkbox-is-no...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6
AEM 6.4.8, I still need help. ACS Commons 3.19.0

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is a problem with using the ACS Commons multi-field extension with the checkbox Granite UI Component. The solution here is to replace the checbox with the sleect Granite UI Component.

The full solution can be found here, https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/acs-commons-multi-field-extension-acs-commons-nested-checkbox-is-no...