Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

ACL for community users/component visibility

Level 4

Hi Friends,

I am working on the creating AEM community groups below url discusses about ~Author Group Roles and Publish Group role

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/communities/users.html#User%20Groups%20for%20Commu...

Can someone help me what previlages[ACL] we need to create for each group mentioned for both the Author and Publisher

In my attached document my site structure contains set of items but in my author page not able to see all the componets which are there in the site structure.

Let me know what is the reason for it if i need to get all the components what i need to do?

Regards

Pr@veen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Note - once the Tunnel Service is enabled, the Communities consoles used in the author environment, when appropriate, will pull member information from publish instead of looking for user information on author.  Such as assigning member's to roles as moderators or group administrators.

- JK

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi Pr@veen,

My guess is you want to author/edit the community group page?

1) I recommend switching to the new touch-optimized UI (until you change your preference, one quick/simple way is to replace 'cf#' with 'editor.html' in the URL).  You'll then see that the page is part of a blueprint and you need to cancel inheritance before changing settings for a component of the page, and then re-connect inheritance afterwards.

2) If you want to edit the group page, you need to open the new community group page first by selecting the 'emitra group' link (while in preview mode in TO-UI).

3) When you create a new community group using the Group Function, all permissions are setup for you by creating a user group specific to the community group.  The permissions are set on the user group so that any members added to the user group automatically have the necessary permissions.  Further, when you created the site, there was a setting for Group Administrator so that you could add members to the 'Community <sitename> Groupadministrators' group who have the permission to create new community groups from the publish environment.

4) It is important that you have the Tunnel Service enabled.

Maybe there is something in this demonstration video that would help : 

Creating online Communities with AEM 6.1, an AEM Developer Support Gem recorded 7/22/2015

If I'm not answering your question, then you'll need to be more specific.

- JK

Level 9

Oh - if you want to see more components in the component browser, you have to enable them.

See Communities Components Basics.

Level 4

Hi Jk Kendall,

in response to 1

In my case I do not have MSM and no inheritance in place.

in response to 4

I am not aware of tunnel service please do assist.

Regards

Pr@veen

Level 9

How did you create the site, then?  If you used the AEM Communities Sites console then you're using blueprints.

In regards, to the Tunnel Service - follow the link :

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/communities/users.html#Tunnel%20Service

The tunnel service is a feature which accesses members (users registered on publish) from the author environment.  It's very simple to enable on author instance by opening the "AEM Communities Publish Tunnel Service" OSGi config, checking "Enable" and saving.

- JK

Correct answer by
Level 9

Note - once the Tunnel Service is enabled, the Communities consoles used in the author environment, when appropriate, will pull member information from publish instead of looking for user information on author.  Such as assigning member's to roles as moderators or group administrators.

- JK