Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Abrupt shut down of system-AEM authorinstance will not work

Level 4

Hi Friends,

I came across a scenario in AEM6.1 author instance

There was a MCaffe patch update pushed to my system and there was an abrupt shout down of my system after which when I start running my AEM author instance I am getting the below error

~HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /. Reason:

AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

when I checked the logs I am able to see the below issues in error.log file

22.05.2016 10:27:59.412 *ERROR* [qtp1102906766-65] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
22.05.2016 10:27:59.412 *ERROR* [qtp1102906766-65] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check AuthenticationSupport dependencies.
22.05.2016 10:27:59.494 *ERROR* [pool-7-thread-2] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@3ab9cfdf with name Registered Service.375 and config SINGLE.
22.05.2016 10:27:59.584 *ERROR* [qtp1102906766-64] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
22.05.2016 10:27:59.585 *ERROR* [qtp1102906766-64] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check AuthenticationSupport dependencies.
22.05.2016 10:28:04.501 *ERROR* [pool-7-thread-5] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@3ab9cfdf with name Registered Service.375 and config SINGLE.
22.05.2016 10:28:09.504 *ERROR* [pool-7-thread-1] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@3ab9cfdf with name Registered Service.375 and config SINGLE.
22.05.2016 10:28:14.500 *ERROR* [pool-7-thread-4] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@3ab9cfdf with name Registered Service.375 and config SINGLE.
22.05.2016 10:28:19.505 *ERROR* [pool-7-thread-1] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@3ab9cfdf with name Registered Service.375 and config SINGLE.
22.05.2016 10:28:24.505 *ERROR* [pool-7-thread-5] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@3ab9cfdf with name Registered Service.375 and config SINGLE.
22.05.2016 10:28:29.499 *ERROR* [pool-7-thread-2] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@3ab9cfdf with name Registered Service.375 and config SINGLE.
22.05.2016 10:28:34.499 *ERROR* [pool-7-thread-2] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@3ab9cfdf with name Registered Service.375 and config SINGLE.

can someone help me why is this issue cause and let me know how to resolve this issue.

Regards

Pr@veen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

This issue was resolved long back

I deleted all the index from the below folder path and i was able to start by author instance.

crx-quickstart\repository\index

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 1

Hi Praveen,

I have faced this too due to unexpected system shutdown. Your repository lucene index is corrupted. Try this https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/HowToCheckLuceneIndex.html

Follow the steps to try and recover indexes or if you are working on localhost and do not need the indexes, shutdown aem, delete the index folder in "\crx-quickstart\repository\index" and restart aem. It will be recreated on startup.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Sriram

Administrator

Hi 

Please check the troubleshooting steps mentioned by SriRam.

Please tell if this works for you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Employee

This article is for AEM 5.6.x systems and not applicable to OAK repositories, in CRX2 systems the lucene index was external to the tar files. Abruptly killing the system could result in corruption.

The way AEM 6.1 has been architected, this is unlikely with OAK. The error messages you have listed, are they the very first exceptions in the error.log file?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 4

Hi friends,

Sorry for the delay,

I am not able to see the workspace folder under C:\CRX_home\crx-quickstart\repository

under repository

index and segmentation folders are available please do suggest I am using AEM6.1

Regards

Pr@veen

Level 4

Friends,

I deleted all the index files from the below path and my instance is up and running

C:\9.AEM-6.1-Author\crx-quickstart\repository\index

I did not find the below path folder for deleting the index files

~~•crx-quickstart/repository/repository/index
•crx-quickstart/repository/workspaces/crx.default/index
•crx-quickstart/repository/workspaces/crx.system/index

Regards

Pr@veen

Level 1

SriRam wrote...

Hi Praveen,

I have faced this too due to unexpected system shutdown. Your repository lucene index is corrupted. Try this https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/HowToCheckLuceneIndex.html

Follow the steps to try and recover indexes or if you are working on localhost and do not need the indexes, shutdown aem, delete the index folder in "\crx-quickstart\repository\index" and restart aem. It will be recreated on startup.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Sriram

Hi Sriram,

I am running on my local instance and tried deleting the folder and restarting the server. Still i am getting the below error. Any other alternatives?

*ERROR* [pool-6-thread-4] org.apache.sling.commons.scheduler.impl.QuartzScheduler No discovery available, therefore not executing job org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate@5975eb2c with name Registered Service.327 and config SINGLE.

Level 7

You should run consistency check on your repository, all the consistent version are stored in journal.log file under segment folder.

Once you get a consistent version, delete all the lines below it in journal.log file and restart your instance it will work fine.

Level 4

Hi,

We are facing similar situation right now. Did you got any solution for this. Looks like it's been 4 months you asked this question. Are you able to resolve this error?

Correct answer by
Level 4

I deleted all the index from the below folder path and i was able to start by author instance.

Level 4

praveenk9004043 wrote...

Sorry to bump this, but you saved me hour of frustration. This solved my issue. Thank you!

Level 1

Thanks Praveen. This solution worked for me.