Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

6.1 upgrade - post cleanup

Employee Advisor

We performed an in place upgrade of our 5.6.1(TarPM) instance on dev to AEM 6.1(TarMK). We followed the steps provided in the official documentation and  it was successful. After the upgrade I see that 5.6.1 repository folders/files (Tar journals, index, tarpm, crx 2 repository config. files etc) present along with the new segment store of TarMK. I believe except for the datastore folder all these files/folders can be safely deleted to reclaim disk space and clean up the installation folders for operation maintenance?  Is there any official script available which can clean up these files or a list of files/folders which can be safely deleted after the upgrade ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can delete those..    Or after migration to crx3 and before upgrade can follow below steps for clean structure. i use cp instead of move to take care of any upgrade issue.

mv crx-quickstart crx-quickstart.cq
mkdir -p crx-quickstart/repository/repository
java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar -unpack
cp -R crx-quickstart.cq/install crx-quickstart/install
cp -R crx-quickstart.cq/repository/segmentstore crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore
cp -R crx-quickstart.cq/repository/repository/datastore crx-quickstart/repository/repository/datastore
echo Start AEM 6.1
java -Xmx4G -Xms4G -XX:MaxPermSize=2G -XX:PermSize=2G -jar aem-author-p4502.jar -r author,crx3,crx3tar

once everything is fine delete crx-quickstart.cq

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can delete those..    Or after migration to crx3 and before upgrade can follow below steps for clean structure. i use cp instead of move to take care of any upgrade issue.

mv crx-quickstart crx-quickstart.cq
mkdir -p crx-quickstart/repository/repository
java -jar aem-author-p4502.jar -unpack
cp -R crx-quickstart.cq/install crx-quickstart/install
cp -R crx-quickstart.cq/repository/segmentstore crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore
cp -R crx-quickstart.cq/repository/repository/datastore crx-quickstart/repository/repository/datastore
echo Start AEM 6.1
java -Xmx4G -Xms4G -XX:MaxPermSize=2G -XX:PermSize=2G -jar aem-author-p4502.jar -r author,crx3,crx3tar

once everything is fine delete crx-quickstart.cq