Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

403 forbidden for Anonymous user URL /system/console/configMgr

Level 5

Hi,

As admin user, I am unable to access urls after changing the Apache Sling Auth Service -> Anonoymous Username to anonymous. This change was done from URL server:port/system/console/configMgr. After this change, I am unable to undo the change since

1. When trying to access URL server:port/system/console/configMgr the following error is displayed.

HTTP ERROR 403
Problem accessing /libs/granite/core/content/login.html. Reason: Forbidden

2. When trying to access URL server:port/crx/de the following error is displayed. 

HTTP ERROR 403 problem accessing /crx/de reason forbidden

3. When trying to access URL server:port/aem/start.html the following error is displayed. 

HTTP ERROR 403 Problem accessing /libs/granite/core/content/login.html. Reason: Forbidden

This issue occurs in AEM 6.5 and I can login to server:port/crx/explorer/index.jsp as admin. How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @aemuser001,

As you said you're able to login to /crx/explorer then you can login using admin and go to 'Content Explorer'. The config 'Apache Sling Authentication Service' you will find under /apps/system/config/org.apache.sling.engine.impl.auth.SlingAuthenticator.config. Delete this node and click on 'Save All' and you should be able to login as you would generally. Alternatively, you can also use CURL command to delete the config but this should also work and is a easy approach.

Jineet_Vora_0-1604521712976.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @aemuser001,

As you said you're able to login to /crx/explorer then you can login using admin and go to 'Content Explorer'. The config 'Apache Sling Authentication Service' you will find under /apps/system/config/org.apache.sling.engine.impl.auth.SlingAuthenticator.config. Delete this node and click on 'Save All' and you should be able to login as you would generally. Alternatively, you can also use CURL command to delete the config but this should also work and is a easy approach.

Jineet_Vora_0-1604521712976.png

Level 5
I am new to AEM. Can you please explain how this works, and how deleting of the entry resolves the issue? Is there any recommendation for good blogs, documents or online tutorials that shed more light on AEM administrative tasks?

Community Advisor
Whenever you edit and save a configuration from /system/console/configMgr, it save it in /apps/system/config. So deleting that configuration from /apps/system/config will revert your changes to default.

Community Advisor
Whenever you edit and save a configuration from /system/console/configMgr, it save it in /apps/system/config. So deleting that configuration from /apps/system/config will revert your changes to default. The best place to get started with AEM is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/experience-manager/6-5.html

Level 5
Thanks for the explanation. What is is the curl command that can be used as an alternative solution? What is a good source for the list of curl commands for AEM?

Level 1

Jineet_Vora,

Thank you. You are a genius. - JP Terry