Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

trackAction call generates pageView

Level 2

We are working on Adobe Analytics implementation on our mobile app. It is observed that a simple trackAction call is generating pageViews in Adobe. Any help here is appreciated.

Looks like Adobe SDK sets pageName and therefore pageviews are incremented.

marishg69668790_0-1579896420331.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

I think you have posted your query in incorrect forum and might want to post your query here Adobe Analytics Forum .
AEM Mobile is a totally different product used to build content-rich hybrid apps and stands separate from AEM.
Thanks,

Vinod

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello,

I think you have posted your query in incorrect forum and might want to post your query here Adobe Analytics Forum .
AEM Mobile is a totally different product used to build content-rich hybrid apps and stands separate from AEM.
Thanks,

Vinod

Level 2

This looks to be related to the same bug in s code that I reported a couple of years ago. I'm betting that if you trace this you will see the same behavior noted when only two args are passed to s.tl(). Check the docs on the sdk and see if there is not a third argument for the link which expects a string (generally you would send the link address as the third argument. Since the code base is different in the sdk it might be something else--for the same use case in s code and a much more in depth discussion, see: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/pageviews-incrment-in-s-t...

Level 2
Hi @marishg69668790. did you find fix for this? we are experiencing same issue

Level 2
@fredrambert is your third argument an empty string? See the link in my answer from a couple of years ago...i have not verified the sdk issues, but it's remarkably similar in behavior--it's logical that the same fix would work.

Level 2
Hi @dswest_sv. Thanks for your response. I did see your response from the past. I looked into that, but I don't appear to find any reference to that third argument in the sdk code documentation.

Level 2
@fredrambert have you looked trackAction method to see what it actually does? If it is what i think it is, you won't find it in the docs, only in the code. If trackAction() is simply passing arguments to another method as I suspect, then look to see if that other function handles pageview as well. I would bet that the code smell from s code t() and tl() was carried over to the mobile SDK.

Level 2
Hi, seems it was due to a processing rule that was populating the Page Name report, which subsequently increments a page view.

Level 2

Hi @fredrambert 

Hope you found the resolution based on your last comment. 

We had processing rules to concatenate certain context variables and build a string that sets the page name.

When these context vars are set in the trackAction() call, it completes the rule for a pageName and the pageName gets assigned. The solution is to remove the building blocks that sets pageName if there are  OR  make adjustments in processing rule such that pageName is not set for a trackAction call.

I shall  go back and check my notes on the exact changes we did if you still would like to know.

Best,