Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Error Uploading Connection

Level 2

I am receiving this error when trying to update a collection name, It is only doing it on one collection. I am trying to update the title.

There was an error updating this collection, please try again. One of the parameters was invalid. [BadRequestException]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

OK, I was able to fix my issues. I republished all of the layouts and this resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Employee

Is this an older collection by any chance? I've heard of an issue with updating older collections and articles. Until this issue is resolved, you might want to create a new collection and delete the problem collection.

Employee Advisor

If that is a migrated folio from DPS Classic, we've seen collections not being published / updated after migration when the publication date for this folio is in the future (in DPS Classic)

If that's the case, can you take a look and set a publishing date accordingly before trying the migration again?

Level 1

I am getting the same [BadRequestException] error message on about 1 in 3 collections I try to edit today. Some were migrated, some were created in the new dashboard. I deleted the collections that I couldn't edit and tried to remake them, but I also get the error message when I try to create a new collection. So, I can't edit some of my current collections, and I can't create new ones. I've tried using all kinds of combinations of parameters, including only writing in the required title, and it never changes the error message:

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 10.41.42 PM.png 

I also cannot add anything to collections that exist. When I try to add articles, banners or other collections, I get another error message:

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 11.01.41 PM.png

Correct answer by
Level 1

OK, I was able to fix my issues. I republished all of the layouts and this resolved the issue.

Level 1

Nope, that only fixed the first error. The "an error occurred submitting this collection, please try again" when I try to add content to collections continues so I can't add content to any collections at all. I'll create a new thread for this error.

Employee

Did you check the Availability Date in the Product that's associated with the collection? If it's set in the future, you won't be able to publish the collection.

The team is looking into a different issue in which certain older collections cannot be updated. Your issue might be related to that one. For details, see Digital Publishing Solution Help | Bug fix release notes for DPS 2015

Level 1

Yes. All of the availability dates in my list of products are in the past.

Employee

Are you still seeing this Megan? If so, please send me your contact info and I'll have some one reach out to see where the problem is.

Level 1

Yes, I also can't remove content from collections anymore either. I've just messaged you. Thanks!

Level 4

I've the same Problem (BadRequestException while creating a collection) – but I have this only in one particular project. Any ideas?

Thanks!

–Haeme Ulrich

Level 1

Hi there, I am also having this problem. Starting with a completely new project, and completely new content, I successfully created the first 5 or so collections. Then, I started to get this error when I tried to create my final collection. Now I can't create any further collections because I get the BadRequestException error every time I click the 'Done' button. Serious problem - any solutions?

Employee Advisor

I believe the product team has been working on a similar report, from what I gather so far, you can either:

- “Add the default card to default layout rules." Then you should be able to create a new collection

or

- Use a different layout for your collection before validating it (i.e.: not the default layout)

If you could try the above as a workaround and report back on this thread, I'll relay to the team.

Thanks!

Level 1

‌Thank you Christophe,,changing the layout worked!

Employee Advisor

Thanks for confirming. I understand this should be fixed in our next release.