Replies

Highlighted

Peter_Villevoye

13-08-2016

I noticed your MuCow now made it into an official Adobe AEM Help page !

So it might be considered as the officially advised and endorsed procedure.

I hope updates will follow swiftly, if new versions require certain adaptations.

Highlighted

Peter_Villevoye

17-08-2016

We've been implementing the MuCow into a few 'real' pages

and noticed one drawback so far:

Touching the thumbnails of a Slideshow toggles the navbar;

touching trigger areas of a Composition doesn't toggle it.

(The obvious behavior would be to not let it toggle.)

Highlighted

ashe1

17-08-2016

Yes, unfortunately that is expected behavior. We are basically calling the tap to toggle nav functionality on the whole page, so we then need to disable that functionality on individual elements that don't require it. I've included code to disable it for links, but they are a standardized element. Once we get into slideshows and other plugins, the code would need to be customized, as those elements are not at all standardized (meaning there's no standardized "slideshow" tag for me to grab, for example, and ids and classes would vary).

That said, I could look into disabling it for the slideshows functionality that comes with Muse, as that should be standardized enough, but I'd never be able to cover all the possibilities of third party plugins.

I'll update you once I'm able to look into that.

Highlighted

Peter_Villevoye

17-08-2016

I understand very well that Muse's code can be quite a hindrance in addressing all possible 'hot spots'. As it turns out, the Slideshow's thumbnail is already a different type of tag than the trigger area of a Composition. The latter is playing nice with your script, while the former is not responding to the link tag.

Highlighted

ashe1

17-08-2016

I've released an update — version 1.4 should provide functionality to NOT toggle the nav when tapping thumbnails for the built in Muse slideshows.

Let me know how it works for you!

GitHub - asheabbott/aem-mobile-gestures-api-for-muse: This Muse Configurable Options Widget (mucow) ...

Highlighted

Peter_Villevoye

18-08-2016

And it works – again another step forward !

I'm very carefully conducting the project at hand to stay clear of any non-standard widgets or nested interactions. But a slideshow should be the least of features to work correctly. So now we're both waiting to discover what's the next culprit to tackle ?

Highlighted

Keith_Gilbert

02-09-2016

This .mucow is working great for me, except when the article is viewed on the iPhone. The same article works perfect on the iPad and Android, but when viewed on an iPhone 6, the AEM Mobile "chrome" can only be displayed with a "long tap" on the screen. Weird. FWIW, this is a dual-orientation app on the iPhone. Perhaps that has something to do with it? I guess I'm just checking to see if anyone has this working successfully on iPhone dual orientation apps?