Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

DPS 2014 end date

Level 1

The company I work for has put in a lot of money and time for training into teaching the old way of publishing Folios. How long will the old system of publishing Folios be supported by Adobe? We would like some insight so that we can begin developing some kind of plan. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

We plan on supporting it for the foreseeable future. Our customers will help guide us on this, and we have *lots* of customers using the current platform and will likely need to do so for quite some time.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

We plan on supporting it for the foreseeable future. Our customers will help guide us on this, and we have *lots* of customers using the current platform and will likely need to do so for quite some time.

Neil

Level 1

If the old version of DPS is still going to be supported for the foreseeable future, will there be a new release for iOS9, or will the existing versions of DPS apps work with the new iOS? We're publishing an app that still works with the original iPads, as well as iOS 8 iPads. Will v.25 apps continue to work with iOS 5 through 9? Thank you.

Employee

We will ensure that v32 apps (the latest release for the current version of DPS) will run correctly on iOS9, including making any bug fixes necessary for that to be the case.

I'm not sure what you mean by "v.25" apps since v25 is ancient (it pre-dates me being on DPS ) and all customers had to update to v32 when iOS8 (or was it 7?) came out.

Neil

Level 4

Will there ever be a V33 or is V32 going to be like OS X?

Employee

We've been on v32 since September 8, 2014, I don't expect we'll ever bump it to v33.

Neil