Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Android Leading and Descender Clipping

Level 2

We are using custom typefaces and find that the leading is acting very differently in iOS and Android. If we leave it set to "1" it looks fine in iOS but is very tight on Android. Even worse the descenders are getting cut off in the last line of text in Android if there's a another text box underneath it.

Changing the leading to "1.2" makes the Android version look fine and the descenders no longer get clipped - but the iOS version gets far too spacey.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

This is a known issue and we are looking into solving it asap. The only way right now to ensure consistent leading across iOS and Android is to open the font in a glyph editor and adjust its leading/metrics manually.

Regards,
Andrei

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

This is a known issue and we are looking into solving it asap. The only way right now to ensure consistent leading across iOS and Android is to open the font in a glyph editor and adjust its leading/metrics manually.

Regards,
Andrei

Level 2

Is this still being worked on? I just came across this problem when I converted my DPS apple app to Android. We have a custom font that looks fine on iOS but the descenders get cropped off on the Android device.