Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

XDP Form Data to Salesforce

Level 4

I have searched, however, cannot locate any post related to the subject matter.

With a schema in hand and mapping of form fields, is it possible to post the XDP form data to Salesforce when the form is not hosted within AEM [standalone]?

Has anyone successfully posted form data to Salesforce?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@LucreciousDFF Unfortunately, there is no guideline on that for a pdf for XDP.  SF exposes the rest endpoint, the best way I see is to write a custom implementation for this. Submit data from your own endpoint and to salesforce. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@LucreciousDFF This is possible by using Salesforce REST API, you need to create FDM and hook it to aem forms(bind to xdp).

What are the data sources ?

A host of data storage solutions, such as REST services, Databases, Web services, CRMs etc., are used in businesses applications. The following data sources are supported out-of-the-box in AEM Forms:

• RESTful web services
  • Relational databases
  • AEM user profile
  • SOAP-based web services
  • OData services

However, it’s possible to integrate other data sources as well with a little customization.

step 1: You need to use Salesforce Open API Swagger specification to integrate a RESTful web service with our adaptive form using FDM.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_iot.meta/api_iot/intro_swagger_file.htm

step 2:Create a form data model

1. Create a new RESTful Service data source.
  2. Create a new form data model and select the data source created above.
  3. Test the web service in this fdm.

See the below doc for reference

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/form-data-model/work-with-form-d...

Step 3: Create an Adaptive Form using the form data model

https://docs.mktossl.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/cloud-service/forms/integrate-with-salesforce...

Level 4

Mayank,

These would be stand-alone XDP forms collected via email attachment and processed through an agent on the business intranet. AEM does not serve up the forms. Based on your response, would it be possible to post form data directly from within Acrobat Pro and from the XDP form to Salesforce? This would be similar to a schema based XDP form with credentials posting to PostgreSQL or Access databases.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@LucreciousDFF Unfortunately, there is no guideline on that for a pdf for XDP.  SF exposes the rest endpoint, the best way I see is to write a custom implementation for this. Submit data from your own endpoint and to salesforce. 

Level 4

Thank you Mayank. I will try a few options and if successful follow-up with my findings.