Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to submit the HTML Form

Level 2

HI,

Need help.......!!!!

We are using render service which converts the xdp form to Interactive PDF Form. This PDF form we display in HTML page along with Submit and close button. (Note: The buttons like submit and close are not in PDF, its outside the PDF). When Submit is click a subprocess of workflow is invoked with xfa data. Rightnow, the HTML page along with PDF is working properly in IE but not in other browsers. 

We have created a custom profile and loading the letter as HTML preview and in that HTML page we kept the button like Submit and close. on the Submit button the sub process invoking is not happening. 

Can you please help me how to proceed further. 

Thanks in Advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Apurva1_12  just as thumb rule and as kosta also mentioned XFA based form won't work in chorme, mozilla or safari. There are people who bring in opera as well. You convert the form to static pdf and it will open fine. HTML based form should not cause an issue in any browser unless you have a xdp being rendered as HTML and some of it's scripts are failing.

You need to bring some logs, some network console snippet to show us the problem. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Hello @Apurva1_12 ,
you are generating XFA based PDFs which can only be opened in Acrobat/Reader or in a browser that still supports the Acrobat/Reader plugin. IE11 is the only one that still does. That is why it works. All other browsers have stopped supporting the old plugin architecture and use their own inbuilt PDF rendering. This does not support XFA based PDFs. I am afraid there is no workaround for that apart from using IE11 as browser which is not for the long future. Alternatively the PDF can be downloaded and then opened offline. You can use submit functionality in the form but I do not know what your submit logic is inside the HTML wrapper.

Kosta

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Apurva1_12  just as thumb rule and as kosta also mentioned XFA based form won't work in chorme, mozilla or safari. There are people who bring in opera as well. You convert the form to static pdf and it will open fine. HTML based form should not cause an issue in any browser unless you have a xdp being rendered as HTML and some of it's scripts are failing.

You need to bring some logs, some network console snippet to show us the problem.