Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to import Sample XML data into XFS form with latest version of Acrobat Pro

Level 1

After updating an XML file used by a LiveCycle Designer ES4 form, I used to be able to import it into Acrobat Pro using Edit > Form Options > Import Data. This worked up until a couple of months ago, but now the XML file looks corrupted on import:

<staff>
</staff>
</it>
</it>
</admin>
...etc.

The same form and XML file still work properly using Acrobat Pro 2022.002.20212, but not with 2022.003.20282. Any ideas as to what's changed between these version?

Thanks, Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@StephenQ

What are the changes you're doing in the XML? I tried replicating the issue with a sample form created using Forms Designer 6.5 but with no success.

We would need the detailed steps (what changes) along with the artifacts- please DM the link to a shared location. We will raise this issue with the concerned team once we can replicate the issue. This could be a bug, as 2022.003.20282 is the latest version of Acrobat Pro.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@StephenQ

What are the changes you're doing in the XML? I tried replicating the issue with a sample form created using Forms Designer 6.5 but with no success.

We would need the detailed steps (what changes) along with the artifacts- please DM the link to a shared location. We will raise this issue with the concerned team once we can replicate the issue. This could be a bug, as 2022.003.20282 is the latest version of Acrobat Pro.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. The change in XML was a very simple one: I removed two items from a file that has been working for years. I experience the same problem with a stripped down version containing only one entry. I can send you that file, along with the PDF file. How do you suggest I get this to you securely and privately?

Thanks, Steve

Level 10

This can't be answered without seeing the actual form and the XML in question. There might be a scheme used for validating the XML, which can also mean, that certain elements are required.