Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Text Field Highlights

Level 1

Hi,  I am currently working in AEM Designer (LiveCycle) and I am creating dynamic documents.

The documents are for example, contact sheets that colleagues can complete and then email to clients with all our contact information etc.  When viewing the pdf in Adobe Acrobat, the editable text fields display the blue field highlight to show where to type. This is fine if we are printing the document as it is then no longer visible but when emailing the document it is not ideal as the highlights still show and it isn't aesthetically pleasing in the design.  I have used code before on a standard PDF to remove the highlighting (added to javascript in acrobat), however when I create the document in AEM Designer / Livecycle and it exports a dynamic pdf, I am unable to add the javascript in Acrobat.  Please can someone advise if I can add a script in AEM forms or if there is a predefined action and if so how do I do it as I am lost.  Thanks in advance all.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

When you create a form in Designer then you would not add AcroJS scripting afterwards. Designer has a full feature of scripting and events defined in XFA (see Designer Scripting Reference (adobe.com)). 

The blue highlighting usually is produced by the PDF viewer and is not part of the PDF definition. Usually it can be turned off in the viewing environment.

The javascript you want to add is AcroJS and a different scripting model. It would only work if you display the PDF in Acrobat or Reader (standalone or as plugin to your e-mail program). Other viewers might ignore it.

Acrobat DC did do away with the toolbar to turn hightlighting off. 

Solution:

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1631630350267.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

When you create a form in Designer then you would not add AcroJS scripting afterwards. Designer has a full feature of scripting and events defined in XFA (see Designer Scripting Reference (adobe.com)). 

The blue highlighting usually is produced by the PDF viewer and is not part of the PDF definition. Usually it can be turned off in the viewing environment.

The javascript you want to add is AcroJS and a different scripting model. It would only work if you display the PDF in Acrobat or Reader (standalone or as plugin to your e-mail program). Other viewers might ignore it.

Acrobat DC did do away with the toolbar to turn hightlighting off. 

Solution:

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1631630350267.png