Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Spanish characters entered in form's input fields not saved correctly in PDF

Level 5

Hi,

A XDP template is created using Spanish(USA) locale. The special characters used in the text of the form appear correctly both in the form and in the saved PDF, but the text entered in the input field, even thought it appears correctly in the form, it does not save it in the same way in the PDF. Here is an example

XDP form rendered as HTML in the browser

Leena_1_1-1636477025172.png

Saved as PDF file

Leena_1_0-1636476903653.png

What can cause this, and how can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Leena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@aemuser001 

For OSGi stack(author and publish), you can configure the same via 

CQ-DAM-Handler-Gibson Font Manager Service[0]. Thanks!

[0]: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/install-aem-forms/osgi-installat...

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Employee

@aemuser001,

Please make sure the required font is available in the Windows Fonts folder, as Designer refers to Windows Fonts folder for the same. Also, if you are using Acrobat, then try installing the font package[0]. Thanks!

[0]: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/windows-font-packs-32-bit-reader.html

Level 5

Hi Mayank,

Thanks for the response. I looked at the URL you had provided and the 2021.x(Continuous) has Asian fonts and not Spanish for Windows OS. What font package has the Spanish fonts for Acrobat Reader?

Thanks,

Leena

Employee

Any font installed on the Windows machine(in Windows Fonts folder), will be available in Acrobat and Reader DC as well. So, please make sure that required fonts are installed on the machine. There is no such[0] font package for Spanish provided by Adobe. You may download it from external sources and install it explicitly, and it would be available in Acrobat too. Thanks!

Level 5

Hi Mayank,

I installed Windows OS Spanish(Argentina) and changed the form property's locale to Spanish(Argentina) and test it out.  I viewed the saved PDF form using Acrobat Reader DC, and the same issue occurs. 

Is there anything else I can check and verify?

Thanks,

Leena

Employee

Is it possible to share your PDF or XDP or a sample XDP having the same issue, so that we can check on the same at our side?

You may use Google Drive link to share.

Level 5

Hi Mayank,

How do I add the sample PDF file to this discussion? Is there an email address to which I can send the file?

Thanks,

Leena

Employee

@aemuser001 

As per Document properties in Acrobat, this PDF is generated using Output Service, not Designer.

Mayank_Tiwari_0-1636488354065.png

If you are using Output service to generate the PDF, then you need to make the font available for Output service as per the link[0].

[0}: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/forms/administrator-help/configure-out...

Level 5

Hi Mayank,

I learnt something new today, thank you!. 

a. I am not sure if I understand this clearly...on reading the 'Make fonts available' link you had provided, I need to make sure the same Spanish(Argentina) fonts are available in the Windows server that is running the AEM Publish instance that is used to save the form as PDF. Is this correct? 

b. For AEM 6.5 OSGi framework how do I navigate to the below setting? 

" 1. In administration console, click Settings > Core Systems Settings > Configurations."

c. In general, where will be the default location be for the custom font folder?

Thanks,

Leena

Correct answer by
Employee

@aemuser001 

For OSGi stack(author and publish), you can configure the same via 

CQ-DAM-Handler-Gibson Font Manager Service[0]. Thanks!

[0]: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/install-aem-forms/osgi-installat...

Level 5

Hi Mayank,

Thank you very much for all the help and providing the document resources. It has all narrowed down to the installation and configuration of the document service in this specific AEM instance. 

I am all set for now. 

Thanks again,

Leena