Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sending the email to the following server failed : smtp.gmail.com:465

Level 1

Hi,

I am exploring on AEM with Adaptive Forms concept for a pre sales activity, while working on it I am trying to send form details as email, I have followed below Adobe Doc for creating Form but getting "Sending the email to the following server failed : smtp.gmail.com:465" error.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/getting-started/create-first-ada...

AEM version: 6.5

AEM Forms package: AEM-FORMS-6.5-OSX

Java Installed: Java 11 and Java 1.8 (Both ended up with some Java errors)

I have setup Gmail SMTP server in confMgr Day CQ Mail Service, but still same issue.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 8.06.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-07 at 8.06.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-07 at 8.12.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-07 at 8.13.01 PM.png

Step 1: Installed AEM forms package

Step 2: created adaptive form

Step 3: setup Day CQ mail service in confgmgr

Step 4: updated my Gmail account security settings

Step 5: opened form in preview mode , filled and submitted

At the end getting same error even after installing different java versions

Help me to resolve it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

1. Here is a working configuration for GMail :
smtp.host=smtp.gmail.com
smtp.port=587
smtp.ssl=yes
smtp.user="me@gmail.com"
smtp.password="myPassword"
You must use port 587 (and so activate SSL)

2. Also ensure that Two factor authentication is not activated (otherwise you must generate a new application password)

3. Another cause of connection fail : it can be seemed like a suspect connection.

So check mails received from google on your account to ensure the connection has not been blocked by google.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

1. Here is a working configuration for GMail :
smtp.host=smtp.gmail.com
smtp.port=587
smtp.ssl=yes
smtp.user="me@gmail.com"
smtp.password="myPassword"
You must use port 587 (and so activate SSL)

2. Also ensure that Two factor authentication is not activated (otherwise you must generate a new application password)

3. Another cause of connection fail : it can be seemed like a suspect connection.

So check mails received from google on your account to ensure the connection has not been blocked by google.

Hi @Mayank_Tiwari I have already setup port and ssl as below:

smtp.port=587/465
smtp.ssl/tls=yes

I have tried different combinations of ssl tls and port number(587/465) but still no luck.

Two factor authentication is not activate

received security alert mail in and verified that it's me who changes less secure to ON

none of these solutions work for me.

Is there anything else I can do?

Can you refer to this to configure the same:

https://aemgeeks.wordpress.com/2017/09/28/gmail-as-your-smtp-server-in-aem/

Please note that you need to use your actual account credentials as username and password.

Hi @Mayank_Tiwari I have already used the document you have shared to setup gmail. You could see that in the images I have shared initially.

I gave title and name only while creating the form using blank template, do i have to fill in any other details while creating the form? should I create my own template for forms?

Level 3

Hi, 

Try generating app password for your account and give the generated password in the configuration and save it. It works. I have done in the same way it worked for me.

with  port number : 465 

server host: smtp.gmail.com

Employee Advisor

@sushmitha_srinivasan 

Apart from the suggestions provided above, also turn on google less secure app settinghttps://stackoverflow.com/a/32373724 .

Did you check with enableTLS / 587 port with gmail?

If this doesn't work, you can create a SMTP server on your local machine and use the same. This should work for you OOTB.