Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Selection with Dropdown to hide & unhide fields and sites in a Dynamic PDF

Level 3

How can I hide and unhide fields in a dynamic form when I make a selection through a dropdown? At the same time, all pages and fields should change/move depending on the hide and unhide fields.
Basically three (3) different forms in one PDF file.
Is there any template for this? ..or any instructions on this topic?

at least one solution as far as script is concerned.

I'm using aem forms, not HTML5 forms.

Working with Aodobe LiveCycle Designer ES4 & Adobe Acrobat 2020 Pro.

Merci

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need the make the form and fields inside the subform flowable to expand and shrink them on the basis of show/hide fields.

For drop down selection, you can write the script in exit or change event and write your script in side it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You need the make the form and fields inside the subform flowable to expand and shrink them on the basis of show/hide fields.

For drop down selection, you can write the script in exit or change event and write your script in side it.

Level 3

I would prefer a step-by-step guide, as I said a beginner.

What you have conveyed can certainly help someone who has worked with Adobe.

But for a beginner like me it's like I'm standing in a dark empty space and someone is yelling "Hey this way".

It's hard enough for a beginner to find the thread, let alone see a solution.

As I said: Is there any template for this? ..or any instructions on this topic? at least one solution as far as script is concerned.

Which software should I use to do it best? can I do it only with Adobe 2020?...and how-exactly!

I know how time-consuming it can sometimes be to explain basic functions to a beginner and what doesn't work or what could work and how.

But isn't this forum meant for that? ...or is it only for professionals?

...the professionals could use the AI I think I don't because I have no idea about it either.

Unfortunately, it is always a problem as a beginner with Adobe products to find suggested solutions that you can follow step by step and at the end could come to a result.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, even if I don't can do anything with it...at least some feedback .

Level 3

I thought it would be a link with file templates in this direction...but...as far as I understood it is hard to find something like that in PDFs...strange!

In Office there is a huge amount of files in whichever direction you may think that you can use as a template.

Thanks for the additional links with information.

I wish you a lot of success with Adobe.