Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reader Extension

Level 2

Is there an easy way to see whether or not a form has been reader extended?  The only way o know how currently is to check if the “save a copy” is an option.  Thanks.

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

You can open the form in acrobat or reader and check the document properties

Level 2

Thanks.  For a PDF that is reader extended and password protected, and cannot figure out which aspect of the properties will tell me whether or not it is reader extended.

Employee Advisor

When you check the security tab of the document properties it lists the capabalities allowed for the particular document

i  will post the screenshot soon

Employee Advisor

1773962_pastedImage_0.png

The properties on the top show about the pdf protection while the below will show the reader extended properties,

Level 2

I looked at the security settings for a reader extended PDF vs. a non-reader extended PDF and they are identical.  The security settings only change after applying an encryption method.  It would be more efficient if there was a way to see that the reader extension has been applied, and if so, from where and with which rights extended.

Employee Advisor

I will post a sample which will allow you to verify the Reader Extensors applied to a document soon