Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Problem with uploading XFA to AEM

Level 2

Relatively new to AEM, but using the AEM forms add on and trying to proof out re-use of our existing LiveCycle forms inside AEM as adaptive forms.  I've followed all the forms package steps and installed, restarted the forms add in.  It previously said "install forms package".  Now it gives me a dialog box to select the xfa trying to upload.  When uploading using the icon "Upload Forms" piece, I select the XFA (and even a simply built XFA file) after browsing to the location on my machine.  When I select the file, click 'Upload'  of the XFA, nothing happens.  Nothing gets uploaded.  Is this a problem with the UI, some problem with the uploaded file?     Nothing appears in errors.log, other log files.   What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

After a complete delete of my local setup, clean - fresh install, I finally got the prompt to appear.  Not sure what the original problem was. Everything else seemed to be working.    I believe this question can be marked as closed/complete.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

After a complete delete of my local setup, clean - fresh install, I finally got the prompt to appear.  Not sure what the original problem was. Everything else seemed to be working.    I believe this question can be marked as closed/complete.  

Employee

Looks like your local set up or client issue. Can you try from a different browser?

Do you see any error in browser dev tool console?

Level 2

I thought about it being a local setup issue as well.  I had the app installed in Weblogic container at first, then did the standalone quickstart jar and both giving me the same behavior.  tried it in Chrome 36, IE9, Firefox 31.    

access.log

All the GET's look fine and the /POST/PUT gets sent while attempting the upload.

0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 - admin 29/Jul/2014:09:20:59 -0300 "POST /libs/fd/fm/content/manage.json?func=uploadFormsPreview&folderPath=/content/dam/formsanddocuments&isIE=false HTTP/1.1" 200 736 "http://localhost:4502/aem/forms.html/content/dam/formsanddocuments" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36"
127.0.0.1 - - 29/Jul/2014:09:23:24 -0300 "PUT /libs/sling/topology/connector.cbf27b45-6b9d-4f54-81a2-532c116b53da.json HTTP/1.1" 200 165 "-" "Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1"

request.log. similarly clean.

error.log

'browser dev tool console' - are you referring to the log file page?  Or somewhere else?

.. no action whatsoever...

Level 2

I have been following the description in the video here: 

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-experience-manager/creating-an-adaptive-form-using-an-xdp/

I'm just not getting the second screen @2:15.