Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

populate dropdownlist from xml file

Level 5

Hi All.

I create form with DropDownList and I create DataConnection for it with source XML file. But when I run form and open list it was empty. In LiveCycle to populate DropDownList I created DataConnection and use Import option. In AEM I don't know how to Import data. I will appreciate for explanation how to get result.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I solved the problem. After DataConnection was created need to do following actions:

• From the Object palette menu, select Show Dynamic Properties.
  • Select Tools > Options > and select Data Binding from the list on the left. Then select the Show Dynamic Properties option and click OK.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Are you using an Adaptive form?

Level 5

Hi smacdonald2008. Thanks for replay.

My form has some fields for fill by user. I'm thinking it is Dynamic form.

Thanks.

Level 5

Based on you last post I understood that my question was not enough correct. I have experiences with LiveCycle but AEM Designer Form I just start to use. Most correct if I will ask:

How to populate DropDownList via XML file in AEM Designer form? I will appreciate if you may explained how it to do.

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Level 5

I solved the problem. After DataConnection was created need to do following actions:

• From the Object palette menu, select Show Dynamic Properties.
  • Select Tools > Options > and select Data Binding from the list on the left. Then select the Show Dynamic Properties option and click OK.