Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Local AEM SDK (AEMaaCS) not starting after adding AEM forms (Bundles are in Installed state)

Level 1

Hi There,

I'm using a Mac and have the AEM SDK installed locally. However, after adding AEM forms, my AEM instance fails to start and throws an error.Here are the steps i did.

1. 1. Downloaded the latest AEM SDK from the software distribution, along with Zulu OpenJDK 11.0.19 (JDK). Note - It's not Oracle Java, instead it's Zulu OpenJDK 11.0.19.

2. 2. Successfully started AEM, and it was running smoothly.

3. 3. Following Adobe documentation, stopped the server and added "aem-forms-addon-2023.09.11.00-231000.far" to the crx-quickstart/install directory. Created the "install" directory since it didn't exist. Referenced this page: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/forms/setup-configu...

4. 4. While attempting to restart the server, encountered the following error. Using the command on Mac to start AEM. Despite the warning, the AEM doesn't start. Upon checking bundles, all the form bundles (around 39) are in the Installed state. The AEM was running fine before adding AEM forms.

5. 5. It's all vanilla AEM SDK and forms add-on. I've not deployed my application yet.

18848-MAC author % java -Xmx4096m -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=30305,server=y,suspend=n -jar aem-author-p4502.jar
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 30305
Loading quickstart properties: default
Loading quickstart properties: instance
Low-memory action set to fork
Using 64bit VM settings, min.heap=1024MB, min permgen=256MB, default fork arguments=[-Xmx1024m, -XX:MaxPermSize=256m]
The JVM reports a heap size of 4096 MB, meets our expectation of 1024 MB +/- 20
Setting properties from filename '/Users/mohan.joshi/Documents/aemsdk/author/aem-author-p4502.jar'
Option '-quickstart.server.port' set to '4502' from filename aem-author-p4502.jar
Verbose option not active, closing stdin and redirecting stdout and stderr
Redirecting stdout to /Users/mohan.joshi/Documents/aemsdk/author/crx-quickstart/logs/stdout.log
Redirecting stderr to /Users/mohan.joshi/Documents/aemsdk/author/crx-quickstart/logs/stderr.log
Press CTRL-C to shutdown the Quickstart server...
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadLocalCleaner (launchpad:resources/install/15/org.apache.sling.commons.threads-3.2.22.jar) to field java.lang.Thread.threadLocals
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.apache.sling.commons.threads.impl.ThreadLocalCleaner
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Great news! It's up and running for me now. I just had to give my Mac a restart to get things working smoothly. Specifically, JDK 11.0.13 did the trick for me.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @MohanJo1 ,

Can you please try to follow below steps:

1. In your local create a fresh AEM instance.
2. Download the forms add-on package from software distribution. Make sure to download the package version similar to your AEM service pack though not mandatory.
3. Install the form add on package throuhg package manager in AEM
4. Now check in your AEM form console.

Thanks
Tarun

Level 1

Hi @TarunKumar - We can't install the package using the package manager as the zip contains a .far file. Attempting to install it results in a 'missing jcr:content' error. Just a friendly reminder, we're working on adding forms to AEM as a Cloud Service using the local AEM SDK.

Community Advisor

Hi @MohanJo1 ,

I tried replicating the issue, but couldn't.
AEM forms is installed successfully on my local.

System Details :
1. OS: Latest MAC OS
2. Java: Zulu 11.0.13

3. AEM Version: Latest AEM cloud SDK

The command that I used to start up the instance: "java -jar AEM-author-p4502.jar"
Like you, my instance is fresh without any code deployments and has created an "install" folder inside the crx-quickstart as mentioned in the document. My stderr.log doesn't show any errors and the instance has started instantly without any delay. All my bundles are active.

The error that you posted above is not an error, that's a common warning that you get while starting up. Please check errors if any under crx-quickstart/logs/stderr.log and crx-quickstart/logs/stdout.log 

Regards,
Sravan

Level 2

Hi @B_Sravan - Could you pls share followings. Also, can you update the Zulu JDK version to 11.0.19 in your mac (I think this error is related to JDK version)

1. Share your AEM SDK version or link

2. Share the form zip version or the link. I was using this one - aem-forms-addon-2023.09.11.00-231000.far

Level 2

Hi @B_Sravan - I'm still seeing error shown in below screenshot after doing same steps.

Here are my versions- 

aem-sdk-2023.12.14538.20231205T165334Z-231200

aem-forms-addon-2023.10.25.00-231100.far

java --version

openjdk 11.0.13 2021-10-19 LTS

OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.52+13-CA (build 11.0.13+8-LTS)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu11.52+13-CA (build 11.0.13+8-LTS, mixed mode)

below error while accessing localhost:4502 in browser

MohanJo_0-1706595987433.png

Administrator

@MohanJo1 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 2

Great news! It's up and running for me now. I just had to give my Mac a restart to get things working smoothly. Specifically, JDK 11.0.13 did the trick for me.