Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Local AEM as a Cloud Service - AEM Forms JSP errors

Level 1

Hi everyone,

Full disclosure - AEM newbie here. I'm attempting to do a light proof-of-concept around AEM and AEM Forms integrating to our SharePoint environment and I'm running into an issue with the Forms installation.

I followed the AEM installation instructions here: Local Development Environment for AEM as a Cloud Service | Adobe Experience Manager

And the AEM Forms instructions here: How do I set up a local development environment for AEM Forms? | Adobe Experience Manager

After I add the forms addon to the author/crx-quickstart/install and re-start the AEM instance, I start getting errors in my stderr.log which seems to indicate that I'm missing components that the Forms Module depends on (example stderr.log snippet). When I go to the 'Forms' option in my AEM instance, I get a very generic JSP error, also outlined below. (example jsp error snippet)

Has anyone experienced this before while setting up?

SDK version: AEM SDK v2023.12.14697.20231215T125030Z-231200

Forms Addon Version: AEM Forms add-on v2023.10.25.00-231200

Example stderr.log snippet:

14.02.2024 10:03:26.996 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Bundle '613' Error starting model-com.adobe.aemfd_aem-forms-cloud-ready-pkg_slingosgifeature_aem-forms-sdk-cloud-ready_2023.10.25.00:/adobe-aemds-core-pdfdocmanager-4.0.120.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve adobe-aemds-core-pdfdocmanager [613](R 613.0): missing requirement [adobe-aemds-core-pdfdocmanager [613](R 613.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.pdf.document) Unresolved requirements: [[adobe-aemds-core-pdfdocmanager [613](R 613.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.pdf.document)])
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve adobe-aemds-core-pdfdocmanager [613](R 613.0): missing requirement [adobe-aemds-core-pdfdocmanager [613](R 613.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.pdf.document) Unresolved requirements: [[adobe-aemds-core-pdfdocmanager [613](R 613.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.pdf.document)]
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:4398)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2308)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1566)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:297)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
14.02.2024 10:03:27.006 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Bundle '614' Error starting model-com.adobe.aemfd_aem-forms-cloud-ready-pkg_slingosgifeature_aem-forms-sdk-cloud-ready_2023.10.25.00:/adobe-aemds-formsanddocuments-core-9.0.622.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve com.adobe.aemds.formsmanager.adobe-aemds-formsanddocuments-core [614](R 614.0): missing requirement [com.adobe.aemds.formsmanager.adobe-aemds-formsanddocuments-core [614](R 614.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.aem.wcm.frontend.manager)(version>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) Unresolved requirements: [[com.adobe.aemds.formsmanager.adobe-aemds-formsanddocuments-core [614](R 614.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.aem.wcm.frontend.manager)(version>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))])
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve com.adobe.aemds.formsmanager.adobe-aemds-formsanddocuments-core [614](R 614.0): missing requirement [com.adobe.aemds.formsmanager.adobe-aemds-formsanddocuments-core [614](R 614.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.aem.wcm.frontend.manager)(version>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) Unresolved requirements: [[com.adobe.aemds.formsmanager.adobe-aemds-formsanddocuments-core [614](R 614.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.aem.wcm.frontend.manager)(version>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))]
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:4398)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2308)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1566)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:297)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Example jsp error snippet:

Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line: 16 in the generated java file Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.aem.formsndocuments.util.FMConstants resolves to a package An error occurred at line: 17 in the generated java file Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.aem.formsndocuments.util.FMUtils resolves to a package An error occurred at line: 48 in the jsp file: /libs/fd/fm/gui/components/admin/contentchecker/contentchecker.jsp FMConstants.DELIMITER_SLASH cannot be resolved to a type 45: String contextPath = request.getContextPath(); 46: boolean isAllowed = false; 47: 48: if (contentPath == null || "".equals(contentPath) || FMConstants.DELIMITER_SLASH.equals(contentPath)) { 49: // If suffix is null, empty or /, then redirect to /content/dam/formdanddocuments 50: response.sendRedirect(contextPath + FMConstants.ROOT_ASSET_PATH + FMConstants.SHADOW_NODES_ROOT); 51: } else { An error occurred at line: 50 in the jsp file:

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I was able to fix this. It's very similar to the issue reported here:

Solved: AEM Local server error while starting - Adobe Experience League Community - 611020

With the resolution here: Solved: Re: AEM Local server error while starting - Adobe Experience League Community - 611020

Root cause: jdk >= 11.0.20 changed a library which causes zips and installs to fail.

Workaround for me: I start my instance with the flag 

-Djdk.util.zip.disableZip64ExtraFieldValidation=true

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

I was able to fix this. It's very similar to the issue reported here:

Solved: AEM Local server error while starting - Adobe Experience League Community - 611020

With the resolution here: Solved: Re: AEM Local server error while starting - Adobe Experience League Community - 611020

Root cause: jdk >= 11.0.20 changed a library which causes zips and installs to fail.

Workaround for me: I start my instance with the flag 

-Djdk.util.zip.disableZip64ExtraFieldValidation=true