Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Latency in generating PDFs using FormsService along with Reader Extension

Level 1

Hi Team

We are on AEM 6.5.7 and using formsservice alogn with reader extension service to generate PDF, PDFs are getting generated from XDP placed in shared drive within 3 sec but as soon as Reader extension code is added PDF generation time shoots to more than 15 min.

I am referring to code provided in https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/forms/document-services/apply-reade...

As soon as code reaches this below line it is stuck in there

doc = service.secureDocument(doc, null, null, reOptions, unlockOptions);

AEM 6.5.7

Forms package 6.0.234

aemfd-client-sdk.6.0.160

environment: Linux

Any pointers, anyone facing the similar issue?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

@manugupta02Reader Extensions need a certificate (ares) which you have as far as i can tell. In the past I have seen such behaviour when the server applying the REs cannot connect to the Internet to download initial CRLs (Certificate Revocation Lists). Your Windows server might have had a chance to do an initial load or was configured to ignore them. I have not seen this since Adobe LiveCycle and I am not sure how the current AEM Forms OSGi has this implemented. Maybe someone else can advise what to do in that case.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 4
can your AEM Forms server access the Internet?

Level 1
No, its internal to org network. Also want to add- When same code jar execute from Windows Servers there is no issue but it is linux server which is causing trouble.

Correct answer by
Level 4

@manugupta02Reader Extensions need a certificate (ares) which you have as far as i can tell. In the past I have seen such behaviour when the server applying the REs cannot connect to the Internet to download initial CRLs (Certificate Revocation Lists). Your Windows server might have had a chance to do an initial load or was configured to ignore them. I have not seen this since Adobe LiveCycle and I am not sure how the current AEM Forms OSGi has this implemented. Maybe someone else can advise what to do in that case.

Level 1
Probably, it could be solution to another problem but in our case, we got it resolved by increasing the entropy level to above 3500 for linux boxes and we got the resultant pdf in less than 5 secs

Level 1

increasing the entropy level to above 3500 for linux boxes and we got the resultant pdf in less than 5 secs