Expand my Community achievements bar.

is there any feasibility to invoke json in process design to generate the pdf though output service in workbench -Adobe Live Cycle

Level 2

Hi,

I have created a process design that's generate the pdf by using outputService. To invoke the process I have to pass the input payload in the form of xml. But I have the database where all my user entered data stored in the form of json. So, we have a middle layer that convert the json to xml and then will call our AEM REST API. 
My question is that, is there any feasibility we can invoke the process by using json payload itself. I did not see any of document related on that. 
Can we create custom process that take input as json file to bind those json data to our xdp dynamic elements. If so, can you please guide me how to create the custom process in aem form on JEE.

5 Replies

Level 2

No it is not possible 

you have to pass xml to merge data 

Level 2

can we not create custom component that can take json as an input in process design and convert it into resp. xml for merge the data

Level 2

Yes , we do that all the time 

convert json to appropriate xml to merge with template 

Level 2

Thanks @girishb85561274 

Can u help me how to create custom process in workbench designer. Are there any references do u have?

Community Advisor

For custom components, you need to write the code in Java and then need to write your class and operation detail in component.xml. Then need to create a jar file and install it on the server,

then you can use that custom component in your process.

Search for document service component in Adobe Lc documentation, you will find the step by step process to create custom component for Adove LC