Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to change/override a date that is "calculated-read only" by using a button

Level 6

Good day,

I have a date field on my form that is calculated-read only.  The current date is entered each time the form is opened.  I would like to have a button that will allow a specific user to be able to change the date when needed.  Is there a way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Remove the calculated property from the field. Make it readOnly to set the value and on the button click make the access to open.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

You need to change the "yourFieldName.access" property to desired value in button click event.

yourFieldName.access="open";

Level 6

Good day,

I did not reply that the answer was correct.  Actually, it's not working.  After entering the information in the click event, I get the following pop-up - "The value you entered for todaydate cannot override its calculated value".  When I hit "ok", the date reverts back to the today's date.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Remove the calculated property from the field. Make it readOnly to set the value and on the button click make the access to open.

Level 6

Good day,

This is still not working for me.  I must be doing something wrong.  When I remove the calculated property and make it "readOnly" the date does not appear when I open the form.  The date block is blank and therefore the button does not work either.  Do I need to enter a script in the date field?  I need the current date to appear in the date block when the form is opened and I would like to have a button that can override/change the date if needed.

Community Advisor

Yes, on initialize event you need to set the date 

if(dateField.rawValue == null || dateField.rawValue == ""){

//set dateField value

}

Level 6

ok. i got it to work by changing the value to  

"Read only" in the field and adding

$.rawValue = Num2Date(Date(), "YYYY-MM-DD") in the initializing event

and in the click event of the button I entered

oTargetField = this.resolveNode("header.datesub.todaydate");
oTargetField.access = "open";

How do I require a password on the click button so that only a user can do this?