Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can we stop submission of form when error alert is pop up while submitting form

Level 3

Hi,

I have created one signup form and added validations.When those validations fails the error comes in alert form but as soon as i click on okay of pop up error the form gets submitted.  I have added custom functions under edit rules can any one please tell how can i stop the submission of form while error pop up. The code and  images below:

js code :

function finalValidate(first_name,email,password,confirmPassword){

// Simple validation checks
if (first_name === '') {
alert('Name is required.');
return;
}

if (email === '') {
alert('Email is required.');
return;
}

if (email != null) {
var x= email;
var atposition=x.indexOf("@");
var dotposition=x.lastIndexOf(".");
if (atposition<1 || dotposition<atposition+2 || dotposition+2>=x.length){
alert("Please enter a valid e-mail address \n atpostion:"+atposition+"\n dotposition:"+dotposition);
return;
}

if (password === '') {
alert('Password is required.');
return;
}

if (password !== confirmPassword) {
alert('Passwords do not match.');
return;
}
alert('Form submitted successfully.');

}
}

Edit rules

Screenshot from 2023-09-08 17-08-54.png

As soon as i click on OK the form gets submitted :

Screenshot from 2023-09-08 17-13-41.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The validation expression [1] needs to return false if the required condition is not met, and true otherwise. Based on the condition - the field is marked as valid/invalid. When the Form is submitted - it automatically would focus on the required field, and a validation error message would be shown for the field.

In case of multiple errors in the form - the error is marked for all the relevant fields, but the focus is set to the first field with the error.

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/adaptive-forms-advanced-authorin...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The validation expression [1] needs to return false if the required condition is not met, and true otherwise. Based on the condition - the field is marked as valid/invalid. When the Form is submitted - it automatically would focus on the required field, and a validation error message would be shown for the field.

In case of multiple errors in the form - the error is marked for all the relevant fields, but the focus is set to the first field with the error.

[1] https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/forms/adaptive-forms-advanced-authorin...

Community Advisor

Instead of return while validation failed, set the focus on the failed field on the form.