Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

HEADER NUMBER DISAPPEARS WHEN FORM IS RESET

Level 6

Good day,

I have a form which has the initial appearance as (1) table. The header of my initial "table" is numbered "1".  I have buttons where you can add and subtract additional tables.  The additional tables are numbered 2, 3, 4, etc. when you click the add button and are numbered correctly when you subtract a table.  I also have a reset button which removes all tables except for the initial table.  The problem is that when it resets, the number "1" of the initial "table" disappears.  Then when I click the add button, the tables are not numbered.   In the reset button, I have the following script:

if(xfa.host.messageBox("WARNING: You are about to remove all records and entries. Do you want to proceed?", "Reset the form", 2,2) == 4){
xfa.host.messageBox("All entries and records have been removed.");
xfa.resolveNode("form1.howobtainedsubform.cardssubform.CARDS._Table1").setInstances(1);
xfa.datasets.data.loadXML("<form1/>", true, true);
xfa.form.remerge();
}
else {
xfa.host.messageBox("No entries or records were removed.");
}

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I’m not too familiar with FormCalc scripting, but it seems like if you switch to JavaScript, it might work. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 6

this is what I have in the table row:

form1.howobtainedsubform.cardssubform.CARDS.Table1.HeaderRowrecordnum.recordnum::calculate - (FormCalc, client)

this.rawValue = this.parent.parent.instanceIndex +1;

Correct answer by
Level 5

I’m not too familiar with FormCalc scripting, but it seems like if you switch to JavaScript, it might work.