Expand my Community achievements bar.

Global binding check boxes and buttons stopped working

Level 2

We have a significant investment in statewide forms produced and maintained in AEM Forms. Forms are extended for Adobe Reader before publication on the organization's website. Recently, we have begun receiving phone calls complaining that the buttons to Save, Print and Clear forms are no longer working, and in the process of looking at that, we have found that check boxes with Global Binding (so, mutually exclusive) also no longer work as intended. Is this some new feature? A known bug? We would be grateful for any insight.

For reference, see https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/ch109.pdf  - page 1, item 4 for checkboxes, and page 2 for buttons. I checked, and they are formatted correctly, and as we have done it for the past ((at least) 10 years.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

I just tried the form you provided in the link using Acrobat and it works fine

is it happening when you open the form using the pdf viewer of the browser?

Level 2

Yes - our customers are the citizens of California. We cannot expect them to go through the process of downloading and installing the Acrobat extension for Chrome (or whichever other browser they are using) in order to be able to use forms. And this has not been an issue before

Employee Advisor

The best option is to open it using Adobe PDF viewer. Previously browsers would allow Adobe PDF viewer to be the default PDF viewer, hence you may not have had this problem

Level 2

That is a significant impediment to the use of 1400+ mandated and optional court forms. The vast majority of form users are self-represented. 

Are you telling me, then, that we cannot use the built-in buttons to allow users to save, print and clear forms from a web browser, without forcing them to go through the steps of finding, downloading and adding a browser extension for Adobe? Is there some work-around? Or do we just have to find some other forms development/maintenance platform?

As it is, we have several notices on our website asking people to download forms, but they can of course get to them without going to the organization website.