Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

exporting a adaptive forms with themes, templates, and data integration

Level 3

I have an adaptive form that uses:

• themes
  • custom form templates
  • data integration
  • custom cloud services

Question: is there an easy way to export all the dependencies of an adaptive form and import it into a codebase, so that i can deploy it into another environment without worrying about a missing part?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

The export and import functionality takes care of most of the components associated with a form. So, if you download an adaptive form using the toolbar option in AEM Forms UI (detailed steps can be found at [0]), most of the associations will get downloaded automatically in the same package. These include Adaptive Form Fragments, Form Templates (XDPs), Data Integrations, Themes and their corresponding clientlibs, etc.

However, a couple of components listed below are not supported. So, you would need to take care of them explicitly through package manager.

- Custom Adaptive Form Templates

- Some Cloud Services (Adobe Sign, Typekit, reCAPTCHA and Form Data Model) - are not supported for either import/export

- Other cloudservices if associated with the adaptive form - The import/export of such a form will need to be performed by admin user.

We are working on making the dependency management of cloudservices seamless in the upcoming FP/release.

Please let me know if you face any issues in achieving this.

Thanks,

Anshika

[0] : https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6-3/import-export-forms-templates.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

The export and import functionality takes care of most of the components associated with a form. So, if you download an adaptive form using the toolbar option in AEM Forms UI (detailed steps can be found at [0]), most of the associations will get downloaded automatically in the same package. These include Adaptive Form Fragments, Form Templates (XDPs), Data Integrations, Themes and their corresponding clientlibs, etc.

However, a couple of components listed below are not supported. So, you would need to take care of them explicitly through package manager.

- Custom Adaptive Form Templates

- Some Cloud Services (Adobe Sign, Typekit, reCAPTCHA and Form Data Model) - are not supported for either import/export

- Other cloudservices if associated with the adaptive form - The import/export of such a form will need to be performed by admin user.

We are working on making the dependency management of cloudservices seamless in the upcoming FP/release.

Please let me know if you face any issues in achieving this.

Thanks,

Anshika

[0] : https://helpx.adobe.com/aem-forms/6-3/import-export-forms-templates.html

Level 2

I would like to add that there could be various customizations that one could have applied on the form. For instance: custom layouts, appearances, associating custom clientlibs during form authoring, etc. All these customizations are and will not be handled by the implicit import/export functionality since these are considered to be custom infrastructure and not entities provided by the system.

Level 3

Hi there, you didn't talk about how to export a custom adaptive form template? or is there no way to export it?

Level 2

Hi,

I mentioned that you would need to take care of them explicitly through 'package manager'. However, I missed to add details around it. You need to create a package with appropriate path filters, build it and then download it. And then import the package on the other server through package manager itself. The steps to do all of this using package manager can be found at [0]. 

As far as path filters are concerned, you will need to know where the assets you are trying to download exist in the repository.

1) Custom Adaptive Form Templates

When you open or view details of the template you have created, you can view the location of the template from the URL. It would be something like /conf/..../settings/wcm/templates/testtemplate. And the content policies, (if you have used any in the template) will reside at /conf/..../settings/wcm/policies/testtemplate. So, if you wish to export specific templates you will need to provide the path of each of the templates and the content policies it uses in the package filters. And if you wish to export all templates, simply add the following paths :

- /conf/..../settings/wcm/templates

- /conf/..../settings/wcm/policies   

[.... denotes your folder name]

2) Cloudservices

All cloudservices reside under location /etc/cloudservices. You can find the specific path of the cloudservice that concerns you by looking at the URL when you open the cloudservice.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Anshika

[0] : https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/crx/2-3/how_to/package_manager.html#Creating Packages